Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will DL issue a boarding pass for OZ flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)

ATL-JFK (DL)
JFK-ICN (OZ)

Two separate PNR

I understand DL will not interline baggages.
I will try carry on only.

Since there is a shuttle between terminal 2 and 4, I think I can go to the OZ gate directly (without TSA) if I have OZ boarding pass.

The question is "can DL agent at ATL issue a boaing pass of OZ JFK-ICN?"

I do not think online check in is not available for OZ due to VISA check.

If it is KE (even with separate tickets), the answer would be yes. But I think NO with DL / OZ.

Would it be "No chance" or "worth a try. maybe i can get lucky if i meet helping agent" ?

Last edited by poohhead80; Dec 16, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:13 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
If they can't check you in then they won't be able to issue a boarding pass.

However, I don't think you need a boarding pass for the shuttle bus (It's been some time since I took it though). If there is someone checking then you should be able to just show your itinerary or make up some other reason to need to go to T4.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
December = I didn't use google before posting month here at FT.

https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/contents/online-check-in

JFK is eligible for online check in for OZ.

Most ATL-JFK flights arrive at T4, so no need for the jitney. Although you'll be checked in, you will need to have OZ verify your docs at JFK. You should not need to go landside, just present yourself at the OZ gate.

Delta cannot issue the boarding pass for OZ so check in online.

Aside: I've found the jitney folks to be pretty stringent on asking for a BP, with signage at the station reinforcing that boarding passes must be shown. IME, the check is more to verify that you're a security screened passenger in some capacity before allowing you on a bus on the secured airfield ramp, rather than restricting which terminal you can go to. I believe there was a thread a while back that came to the consensus that this was a security matter.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I've always been asked for a boarding pass to board the jitney. I'm guessing they would accept your inbound BP plus your itinerary.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've been asked, but a quick I know which T4 drop off I need comment has been enough.

No need to checkin online for OZ. If they insist on BP for bus, simply show the one for flight into JFK and point out you have to get one at gate in T4.

Lastly ask if DL will check bags through when checking in. While not required, DL agents are known for doing it. Note, the MCT to check bags through may be fairly high. I know DL->AY requires 3 hours from past experience. I expect DL->OZ to be similar.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just to be clear, when you say PNR's, do you mean "tickets". That is what matters. Each carrier would have its own PNR, but if you have one ticket, DL will check your bags through and may be able to issue a BP.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No need to checkin online for OZ.
This is bad advice, since we have no clue how long OP's layover is. If they booked themselves on two separate tickets with a short layover, or if there are any IROPS on the inbound, they may miss minimum check in time. OTOH, if they're checked in online but need docs verified, that can be done after the check in cutoff.

https://flyasiana.com/C/US/EN/conten...unter-check-in - minimum OZ check in time at JFK is 60 minutes.

Also, OP said they're not checking a bag.
lost_perspicacity likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.