Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta System Outage 12/16/2019 & Fly Delta App - "Test Notification"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta System Outage 12/16/2019 & Fly Delta App - "Test Notification"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I got the message, but App and Browser both log in fine.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Still having issues checking in on the app and the website for my flight later tonight. Able to log in on both and see the reservation, but when trying to check in getting "we can't validate your ticket" on the website and "you don't have an electronic ticket" on the app. This is the return leg on a res I was able to check in electronically on the outbound just fine.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Talking of things designed by kindergartners, just look at the choice of font on the DL receipts a while ago.
Yeah at RDU they're still using the fonts from 10 years ago on BPs. That's not so much a knock on DL as it is the local station who has probably never bothered to install updates.

And keep in mind the context of the time, the prevailing resolution, design styles, etc.
Of course. But even back then when I was a "free agent" I found NW's website to be one of the most basic at the time.

I was only talking from a passenger perspective. PARS, how NW had it implemented, was much more robust, and nwa.com had more self service ability than delta.com still has to this day (though true, many things that we had 10 years ago have over the last several years slowly come back). DeltaMatic being able to do gems like issue flight connections with negative connecting time (time machine required to travel), which I've had actually show up in online search and ticketed until a few years ago (and just recently had it also so auto rebooked, with first flight being a day after the connecting flight), as it has no concept of time, well, it's just stone age technology that DL is using, and no matter the lipstick they put on it, it's still a rock (or a ham sandwich that someone has sat on, to use some of DL's own favored terminology).
What do you mean by "more self service" ability? Admittedly, I never had NW status, so if it's related to that, I wouldn't know about it. However, just because DL doesn't choose to add something to their web UI, doesn't mean there's some sort of backend issue. Many times I suspect they do it for strategic reasons (i.e. the award charts).

And yes, from time to time DL has bugs, and I'm sure NW (and everyone else) did (does) too. FTers may hate DL's IT, but you really can't argue DL's financial results. For what I use DL's web (rarely) and ios app (often) for, it works just fine 99.9999% of the time. FWIW that's a much higher percentage than my iPhone XS... Additionally, DL's online IROP handling is better than any of their competitors I've used.

Is it annoying that I have to call multiple times to use a RUC/GUC? Yes, it is. However the amount of those transactions compared to the other billions a day are minuscule. I don't fault DL for not prioritizing programmatically automating that (but I would love to see it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.