Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How does Partner Elite Complimentary Upgrade work on Delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, China Eastern Platinum, United Gold, Hainan Airlines Gold, China Southern Gold, AC25K

I have a flight from YYZ - DTW - LAX, and I am Platinum with both China Eastern and Delta. Since I need to maintain my status for CE, I want to let the miles go into China Eastern. I saw on the Delta website that partner Elite can also have complimentary upgrade on the day of departure. Does anyone know whether this is ture. If so, what would the upgrade priority be.
As far as I know, as CE is a core partner of Delta, CE platinum will show as Platinum Medallion Status instead of Elite Plus only on the boarding pass.
In addition, is there a way to put miles into CE while enjoying complimentary upgrade with skymiles account?

Question 2. I will reach Delta Diamond medallion status by the end of December. If I used global upgrade certificate on flight from PVG - DTW, can I choose to put miles into China Eastern?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zhangjingwei07
I have a flight from YYZ - DTW - LAX, and I am Platinum with both China Eastern and Delta. Since I need to maintain my status for CE, I want to let the miles go into China Eastern. I saw on the Delta website that partner Elite can also have complimentary upgrade on the day of departure. Does anyone know whether this is ture. If so, what would the upgrade priority be.
As far as I know, as CE is a core partner of Delta, CE platinum will show as Platinum Medallion Status instead of Elite Plus only on the boarding pass.
In addition, is there a way to put miles into CE while enjoying complimentary upgrade with skymiles account?

Question 2. I will reach Delta Diamond medallion status by the end of December. If I used global upgrade certificate on flight from PVG - DTW, can I choose to put miles into China Eastern?
Question 2 - Yes. Make sure to change it before flying the first flight.

Question 1 - Partner elites are after all DL and AM elites . Technically if you remove SM number you should lose upgrade. However it'll be YMMV situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.