Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Now that Singapore is history what's the best use of a global?

Now that Singapore is history what's the best use of a global?

Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:54 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: GA
Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Posts: 8,248
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm not an expert on this, but if I'm departing from SEA and I want to use one GUC, how can I go to BOM, SYD, or JNB? Or put it this way, what if I want to prolong my D1 experience in the sky by adding connections from SEA such as to JFK or ATL, then how would I do that?
1. Book a ticket on a single fare component SEA-BOM (or SYD, JNB, etc) with up-gradable space available on all legs. Most tickets are single fare components.
2. Use 1 GUC for the entire one-way portion of your ticket
lsquare and Duke787 like this.
CPMaverick is offline  
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:26 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: DCA
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Posts: 2,227
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
You can book a flight EU-Asia on KLM, but DL codeshare? I can't find any examples...
I've seen it when searching, it's just always full Y or B. I think it was a JFK-AMS-KUL I saw? But not sure.
SamOF is offline  
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:26 pm
  #33  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,133
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
1. Book a ticket on a single fare component SEA-BOM (or SYD, JNB, etc) with up-gradable space available on all legs. Most tickets are single fare components.
2. Use 1 GUC for the entire one-way portion of your ticket
Note the only way to search for the "upgradable space" in #1 is to call DL and have them search with you on the phone.

There is no other workaround or way to say space (unlike UA and AA).
Duke787 is offline  
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:27 am
  #34  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by Duke787
Note the only way to search for the "upgradable space" in #1 is to call DL and have them search with you on the phone.

There is no other workaround or way to say space (unlike UA and AA).
i think thats changing. im part of a delta focus group and we just got tested last week on changes to globals and regionals. delta.com will likely soon show availability for certifiocates. still have to call into delta apply the certificate(s) but at least delta.com will show u.
ajggiant, bsagator and Zorak like this.
icanneverflyenough is offline  
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:49 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 355
Originally Posted by Duke787
Note the only way to search for the "upgradable space" in #1 is to call DL and have them search with you on the phone.
or Live Chat, or Facebook, or Twitter with Delta...

Calling Delta is not the only way.
Duke787 likes this.
MikeNYC1 is offline  
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:15 am
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,133
Originally Posted by icanneverflyenough
i think thats changing. im part of a delta focus group and we just got tested last week on changes to globals and regionals. delta.com will likely soon show availability for certifiocates. still have to call into delta apply the certificate(s) but at least delta.com will show u.
Would be great if it happens but I'll believe it when I see it

Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
or Live Chat, or Facebook, or Twitter with Delta...

Calling Delta is not the only way.
Okay fair -- though going via Twitter/Live Chat/FB when you have an open ended search is not an ideal option (and OP seems to be suggesting open-ended searches for GUC availability).

Twitter works if you have a very specific ask in mind (e.g., I'm flying ICN - MSP on either XX or YY, does either day have availability) but not so much if you don't have things like routing / date / etc., pinned down
Duke787 is offline  
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:28 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SEA
Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,869
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
or Live Chat, or Facebook, or Twitter with Delta...

Calling Delta is not the only way.
True enough, but I was GM, PM, DM, and PM. That whole time my interactions with phone agents were a dream. I took two roundtrips using a GUC on each leg, and for both of those trips I handled it on the phone and it was as easy as it could be. What's the point of having access to the special DM phone line if you're not going to take advantage of it for complicated issues?
Carl Johnson is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.