Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Now that Singapore is history what's the best use of a global?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now that Singapore is history what's the best use of a global?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm not an expert on this, but if I'm departing from SEA and I want to use one GUC, how can I go to BOM, SYD, or JNB? Or put it this way, what if I want to prolong my D1 experience in the sky by adding connections from SEA such as to JFK or ATL, then how would I do that?
1. Book a ticket on a single fare component SEA-BOM (or SYD, JNB, etc) with up-gradable space available on all legs. Most tickets are single fare components.
2. Use 1 GUC for the entire one-way portion of your ticket
lsquare and Duke787 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
You can book a flight EU-Asia on KLM, but DL codeshare? I can't find any examples...
I've seen it when searching, it's just always full Y or B. I think it was a JFK-AMS-KUL I saw? But not sure.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
1. Book a ticket on a single fare component SEA-BOM (or SYD, JNB, etc) with up-gradable space available on all legs. Most tickets are single fare components.
2. Use 1 GUC for the entire one-way portion of your ticket
Note the only way to search for the "upgradable space" in #1 is to call DL and have them search with you on the phone.

There is no other workaround or way to say space (unlike UA and AA).
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
Note the only way to search for the "upgradable space" in #1 is to call DL and have them search with you on the phone.

There is no other workaround or way to say space (unlike UA and AA).
i think thats changing. im part of a delta focus group and we just got tested last week on changes to globals and regionals. delta.com will likely soon show availability for certifiocates. still have to call into delta apply the certificate(s) but at least delta.com will show u.
ajggiant, bsagator and Zorak like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Duke787
or Live Chat, or Facebook, or Twitter with Delta...

Calling Delta is not the only way.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by icanneverflyenough
i think thats changing. im part of a delta focus group and we just got tested last week on changes to globals and regionals. delta.com will likely soon show availability for certifiocates. still have to call into delta apply the certificate(s) but at least delta.com will show u.
Would be great if it happens but I'll believe it when I see it

Originally Posted by MikeNYC1

Okay fair -- though going via Twitter/Live Chat/FB when you have an open ended search is not an ideal option (and OP seems to be suggesting open-ended searches for GUC availability).

Twitter works if you have a very specific ask in mind (e.g., I'm flying ICN - MSP on either XX or YY, does either day have availability) but not so much if you don't have things like routing / date / etc., pinned down
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1

True enough, but I was GM, PM, DM, and PM. That whole time my interactions with phone agents were a dream. I took two roundtrips using a GUC on each leg, and for both of those trips I handled it on the phone and it was as easy as it could be. What's the point of having access to the special DM phone line if you're not going to take advantage of it for complicated issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.