Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VN award space booking by Sky Pesos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

VN award space booking by Sky Pesos

Any idea when VN releases award space to Delta (or Delta allows booking?)? I need to book HAN-SGN in early Feb. and everything is still blocked after Jan 22 despite Air France having access......
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Any idea when VN releases award space to Delta (or Delta allows booking?)? I need to book HAN-SGN in early Feb. and everything is still blocked after Jan 22 despite Air France having access......
Delta provides generous servings of blackout dates. See: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../program-rules

Jan 22 to Jan 28 are within Delta blackout dates.

You need to book your flights for a date before Jan 22 or after Jan 28 if you want to book it using DL SlyMiles.

Blackout dates used to apply just to a few airlines, like KE, but it seems that now it's blanket and applies to all, in addition to CZ specific blackout dates.

EDIT: for February though it is not listed in the blackout dates... so this may not be it here. It just rang a bell given Jan 22 you said starting blackout.

DL has been also well known to have a lot of unpublished blackout dates, for both its own and other airline flights, though those come and go from time to time. So this is more likely that then here.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Delta provides generous servings of blackout dates. See: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../program-rules

Jan 22 to Jan 28 are within Delta blackout dates.

You need to book your flights for a date before Jan 22 or after Jan 28 if you want to book it using DL SlyMiles.

Blackout dates used to apply just to a few airlines, like KE, but it seems that now it's blanket and applies to all, in addition to CZ specific blackout dates.

EDIT: for February though it is not listed in the blackout dates... so this may not be it here. It just rang a bell given Jan 22 you said starting blackout.

DL has been also well known to have a lot of unpublished blackout dates, for both its own and other airline flights, though those come and go from time to time. So this is more likely that then here.
Thank you, but that does not quite explain it. Hopefully, they open it up soon.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Thank you, but that does not quite explain it. Hopefully, they open it up soon.
AF may be seeing phantom availability. This has happened before.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Early February might be too close to Tet, the Lunar New Year, on January 25. This would explain Delta's black-out dates, but award availability may be gone on nearby dates.

About a month ago I booked CXR-SGN-SIN for March without any problems. I actually called Delta first thinking it would require an agent; turned out the agent didn't know what they were doing and this was very easy on delta.com
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loran
Early February might be too close to Tet, the Lunar New Year, on January 25. This would explain Delta's black-out dates, but award availability may be gone on nearby dates.

About a month ago I booked CXR-SGN-SIN for March without any problems. I actually called Delta first thinking it would require an agent; turned out the agent didn't know what they were doing and this was very easy on delta.com
Nailed it. They are completely blacked out Jan 23-Feb 17. Guess I'll take a crack with Air France and see what happens.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: NW GE
I guess I'm confused why you're even messing around trying to book this with SkyMiles? A 1-way ticket bought today for 1/22/2020 is $22-36 depending on departure time...
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lyaec350
I guess I'm confused why you're even messing around trying to book this with SkyMiles? A 1-way ticket bought today for 1/22/2020 is $22-36 depending on departure time...
Yea, I'm going to do that. Thanks. They were pricing higher before. (trying to avoid ViaJet)
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:25 am
Original Poster

This is so strange.

1. Air france was phantom spce.
2. The ITA matrix rates are not correct.
3.. Cheapest flight Feb 5 one way is $146/ea in Chase for Viet Jet in Chase, but must be some fee in there rather than booking direct.

Sitting on over 2 million points overall, so still booking with Chase. Thanks for all the help!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Now, the Chase flights did not ticket, and they called to charge me $20 more....I refused and had them cancel since they would not let me book with points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.