Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Cheap flight to Germany....AMS....CDG...etc for Oktoberfest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap flight to Germany....AMS....CDG...etc for Oktoberfest

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by JPG3392
If you end up flying to NUE, you may be interested in buying a day pass called a "Bayern-Ticket" for travel throughout Bavaria. The pass costs Euro 25 for 1 person, Euro 32 for 2, Euro 39 for 3, Euro 46 for 4 and Euro 53 for 5 (maximum number of passengers on one ticket) and can be purchased at ticket machines at the airport. It's valid for unlimited transportation on local and regional trains from 9 AM until 3 AM the next day (longer validity on weekends). Subway transportation from NUE to the Nuremberg train station and from the Munich train station to and from the Oktoberfest grounds is also included.

This suggestion does not apply to travel from STR, FRA or TXL, since those cities are outside of Bavaria.
The Bayern Ticket is not good on the faster trains (ICE/IC) but that only adds 45 minutes or so from Nürnberg to München. There also is a country wide equivalent Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket that is €44 for one and €8 addition for each person up to 5. We once used this for a marathon 11 hour trip from Rostock (on the Baltic) to Bamberg. We were traveling with bicycles so couldn't take the fast trains. My brother joked about continuing on to Salzburg so to traverse Germany the long way and we told him, go for it, we getting off here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.