Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Help needed on RUC issue, DL giving the run around?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed on RUC issue, DL giving the run around?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Every time this has happened to me, the RUC was cleared, and ticket had to be re-issued. Twitter agents have been able to do this for me on multiple occasions - though it seemed to be easy some times and with some difficulty some times.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Check Twitter but also HUACA
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Every time this has happened to me, the RUC was cleared, and ticket had to be re-issued. Twitter agents have been able to do this for me on multiple occasions - though it seemed to be easy some times and with some difficulty some times.
And that’s been my experience as well. I will send a message to Twitter team and see if I get a different outcome. I’ve also unchecked the “request upgrade to First” box under ‘Manage Complimentary Upgrades.’ I’ll report back as soon as I hear.

When you say “some difficulty sometimes” can you give any examples/points of reference for what was difficult?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JakeRobertson212
And that’s been my experience as well. I will send a message to Twitter team and see if I get a different outcome. I’ve also unchecked the “request upgrade to First” box under ‘Manage Complimentary Upgrades.’ I’ll report back as soon as I hear.

When you say “some difficulty sometimes” can you give any examples/points of reference for what was difficult?
Some agents are more knowledge/motivated to help than others. This is true for Twitter just like it is in the phone.

If the reason is because you've cleared and it just needs reissued, most agents can be pushed to see that even if they didn't initially unless they are really stubborn.

But what Will and I are trying to say is that's only one reason the F map might suddenly be blocked. It could also be sunspots or whatever other random reason.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
My experience with this is if I'm wait-listing an RUC, once the FC seat map is greyed out and I don't see a buy-up offer, it means the RUC has been wait-listed successfully.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
The seat map is frequently greyed out (well, previously, no idea if it's still grey after the latest palette change)/blocked on an existing booking for cabins other than the one you're ticketed in.

This first happening routinely in 2017:

Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins

although as you've seen if there's a buy up offer then they show you what's available. But it can come and go randomly.

In short, to paraphrase the saying, don't ascribe to malice that which can be attributed to poor/random IT behavior. It's not a nefarious plot.

(And BTW a more reliable indicator of a waitlisted certificate clearing is if you had the duplicate segment previously and then the whole segment disappears)
My recent waitlist requests (GUCs and mileage upgrade awards) haven't shown the separate segments on the itineraries.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So reaching out to twitter got the same answer. They replied so fast it makes me wonder if they just read the notes from the previous agents this morning and said there’s no space instead of looking.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My recent waitlist requests (GUCs and mileage upgrade awards) haven't shown the separate segments on the itineraries.
It doesn't always show up.

Anyway if OP has only called/Tweeted once or twice, it's certainly worth trying another HUCA or two. I wouldn't necessarily lead with the seat map, just say something vague like "based on how the reservation looks I believe I may have cleared the waitlist and just the ticket needs to be reissued."

It's frustrating these aren't easier to use.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Same. Since I booked this ticket in early October there has only been the single segment, not separate.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Same. Since I booked this ticket in early October there has only been the single segment, not separate.
However, it does say something about the waitlist above your current seat assignment on the itinerary, right?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb

Some twitter agents reply that they do not see that the RUC has cleared. I reply that it’s weird what I am seeing, and 5 minutes later another twitter agent replies that the RUC did indeed clear. This happens every once in awhile.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

However, it does say something about the waitlist above your current seat assignment on the itinerary, right?
Yes, correct - Upgrade Status: Upgrade Waitlisted
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Question - can I call in and ask for the ticket to be reissued by an agent if no additional changes have been made? My thought here is if yes - then I'm wondering if reissuing the ticket might trigger the upgrade similar to the hack I've been reading about on here of unchecking the 'request first class upgrade' box is triggering those posters on here who have been in their upgrade windows who didn't initially get upgraded and once unchecking and re-checking the box are now allowing the passengers to then clear and pick seats?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Bump..

Anyone familiar with whether one can request a ticket to be manually reissued if there's no changes?

Last edited by JakeRobertson212; Nov 9, 2019 at 3:26 pm
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Bump..

Anyone familiar with whether one can request a ticket to be manually reissued if there's no changes?
You can ask. However the answer should be no.
Reticketing wont clear an upgrade. The upgrade is cleared in the reservation. The ticket is simply reissued to allow you to checkin/select a seat.

Are you asking if you have cleared, or are you asking if there's upgrade space? The wording can cause different responses.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.