Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL337. Bahamas won't allow landing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

DL337. Bahamas won't allow landing

On the tarmac, word was Bahamian immigration wouldn't let someone on this flight in. Diverted to MIA, waiting there are vehicles with emergency lights. Could be interesting night, but with granddaughter and would have rather be check-in to hotel right now. They indicated not letting the whole plane in.
squawk1200 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:54 pm

Landed in MIA at 8:37pm.
ETD 10:30pm
NAS ETA 11:23pm.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Got update as I was reading. No clearance yet. Thank you.

2 stories. Passenger originating outside the US. The other is one came from or through Mozambique, this concern with disease

They had EMT on to check that passenger vitals

A First for me! Lol
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The return flight on Monday is now delayed 2 hours...guessing crew rest
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
First I've heard of this happening. I guess it comes up rarely since most international flights can't simply be told "return to sender" by the receiving country (e.g. JFK-LHR can't well turn around while over Ireland). I would have thought they would normally have just bounced the pax in question.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Passenger must have felt unwell. They asked/saw passenger had been through area of infection and refused to let them in till checked out. EMS wouldn't have showed up at MIA if passenger wasn't unwell.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:36 am
Original Poster

No pax was removed after all that, about a 3 hour sit at MIA. The pilot said discussions at the highest levels...

Traveling with my 8yo granddaughter who took it all in stride, much better than the woman behind me who was sighing, guffawing and slamming the tray back into place.
mayhem and atbPy like this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bizeesheri
Traveling with my 8yo granddaughter who took it all in stride, much better than the woman behind me who was sighing, guffawing and slamming the tray back into place.
They should have thrown that woman off the plane. I get the frustration, but really slamming her tray table...

Glad your granddaughter has better manners than a grown woman. Love it.
strickerj likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:26 am

Glad OP is more mature than me.. I might have set my seat into "rapid recline" if someone slammed the tray table into it just because they were peeved.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
No pax was removed after all that, about a 3 hour sit at MIA. The pilot said discussions at the highest levels...

Reminds me when we had 4 hours on the ground at SFO with twin 2.5 yr olds. We were going MSP-HNL and had to stop and take on more fuel due to unexpected headwind and reroute for weather. Once fueled, they were getting a mis-match on how much fuel was loaded, then had computer errors. My kids were obviously getting a little stir crazy and happened to kick the seat in front of them a few times, which set off the lady in front of us who was on her honeymoon. She hit her call button to complain about all things, the FA gave them a drink which settled them down.

The people behind us had packed a cooler of food and began offering meat and cheese to my boys saying how well they were doing.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Always re-assuring when you're trapped in a tin can with them eh?
ryw likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP

Good on your granddaughter! At her age (okay a little younger), my daughter was a kicking fool. She now has some perspective and has a lot of patience for little kids behind her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.