Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E175 First class bin size

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
E175 First class bin size

I’ll be flying weekly for 5 months in winter SBA TO SLC in F. As has been the case some of the time the bins over BC fill quickly if not one of the first on the plane as it seems most larger carry ons fit sideways only and there’s not much space given it’s only got the one side of larger bins.

Unlike CRJs the bins over A seats, the E175s seem useable but does anyone know the dimensions? I’ve got a small. Roller that’s supposed to fit under seat as well but wonder if would fit there.....it would be helpful to know if should consolidate into it or could bring a laptop bag as well without the chance of having to put a bag in economy and swim upstream.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
My standard 22 inch rollaboard fits fine in the E175 overhead without having to be turned sideways.
emrdoc, Duke787 and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
E170/5 have "standard" OH bins . Carryons can be stowed lengthwise (like mainline) instead of widthwise like on a CRJ.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by flyerCO
E170/5 have "standard" OH bins . Carryons can be stowed lengthwise (like mainline) instead of widthwise like on a CRJ.
On both sides or just B/C?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, National EE, Marriott PE, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Xeno
Not OP, but just the C/D side. The A side in FC has a smaller OH bin for sure. I can fit my standard-sized Thule laptop backpack in there but not much more. If it's a roll-aboard the OP is trying to fit in there, it'll depend heavily on how flexible its shape is. I don't know the dimensions, OP, sorry.

My recommendation - your first flight on the ERJ175, bring the roll-aboard. Choose 4A so that if it doesn't fit in the A-side OH and the C/D side is full, you can at least put it in the row 5 (C+) OH. Then adjust accordingly for your future flights.
Xeno likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:22 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Both sides in Y. The A bins in F are briefcase or small (squishy) backpack sized.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If your roller typically fits under the seat in front of you it will definitely fit in the E175 overhead bins and you should have no problem bringing a laptop bag that can either go up in the overhead (space permitting or if in row 1) or put under the seat in front of you.

As noted by others the E175 OH can accommodate a standard 22 rollerboard that has to go up in the bin on any plane type -- so if your roller typically fits under the seat in front of you it definitely will fit in the OH.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TTT
Both sides in Y. The A bins in F are briefcase or small (squishy) backpack sized.
In F, the port bins are tiny (roughly backpacked sized but only a small backpack) and the starboard bins are roughly the same size as a mainline aircraft and fit a standard 22" rollaboard with its longest dimension across the aircraft.

In Y, both sides have smaller bins which will fit a 22" rollaboard turned sideways, with its longest dimension facing along the aisle.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
ProTip: you can also fit a 22x14x9 rollaboard underneath the seat in front of you on the C/D side, if you are desperate.

And by "desperate" I mean the time I volunteered for VDB but they ended up not needing me, and the GA (frantically trying to get the flight out on time) rushed both me and #1 off the standby list down the jetway and practically shoved us onto the plane. The FA saw my bag and said "we might need to check that" and the GA said "no time -- does it fit underneath?" Me: "Uh, I've never tried." It *almost* fit all the way underneath the seat and no one seemed to care
Xeno likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.