Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by xliioper
My app updated a couple days ago and the issues seem to be fixed for me now. The app still says version 5.4.1, but I think they may have changed it after the 7/29 release. I'm running it on a Samsung Galaxy A50.
I'm guessing it's the way the 5.4.1 app is interacting with Android, especially since the Samsung phone is going to be the custom version Samsung does versus the base Android version others are using, or even the beta version I'm using.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Just downloaded the new latest version this afternoon. So far so good. I've been able to move around everything in the app( not just the ones I usually use)

Finally IT fixes something on less that 1.2 months, yea.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by ttuna3
Just downloaded the new latest version this afternoon. So far so good. I've been able to move around everything in the app( not just the ones I usually use)

Finally IT fixes something on less that 1.2 months, yea.
Yup, same here. The newest update fixed it.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Whenever I open the app, I see nothing under recent activity. There will be a technical difficulty error message. I'll have to click on the refresh button to get it to work. Anyone else here experiencing this?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lsquare
Whenever I open the app, I see nothing under recent activity. There will be a technical difficulty error message. I'll have to click on the refresh button to get it to work. Anyone else here experiencing this?
Same, for quite a while now.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Same, for quite a while now.
I don't remember this happening before. This seem to have affected me from about a month or two ago.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lsquare
I don't remember this happening before. This seem to have affected me from about a month or two ago.
I just remembered I posted about it in this thread -- looks like July is when I first noticed it: Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone else seeing this at the bottom of the app home page? (Android in my case)

It's been stuck like this for days. Tapping "Recent Activity" shows everything as expected and is up-to-date, so this is a trivial complaint, more amusing than anything I guess.
Yep and I'm using this on Android as well.
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yup, been seeing that for months now. Annoying.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bonoman
Yup, been seeing that for months now. Annoying.
It's a distraction. Surprisingly, DL doesn't seem interested in fixing it. If only they learn a thing or two from Apple and focus on the details!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 4:02 am

Tapping "try again" usually loads the data instantaneously for me though, so as irritations go this one is fairly trivial.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tapping "try again" usually loads the data instantaneously for me though, so as irritations go this one is fairly trivial.
Same, but it's the lack of attention to details that irritates me.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:47 pm

Anyone else seeing an issue where, on the list of itineraries, if you tap to view the details for a specific itinerary it takes *forever* to load? Once it finally loads, details for other itineraries come up pretty quickly too, but the DL app doesn't seem to want to stay loaded in the background so if I switch to another app and back again, very frequently the data is no longer cached and it's a few minutes again before individual trip details are available.
AeRoSpaceman and FlyerWx like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Anyone else seeing an issue where, on the list of itineraries, if you tap to view the details for a specific itinerary it takes *forever* to load? Once it finally loads, details for other itineraries come up pretty quickly too, but the DL app doesn't seem to want to stay loaded in the background so if I switch to another app and back again, very frequently the data is no longer cached and it's a few minutes again before individual trip details are available.
I see the same thing but not the same times. Running Android 11 on a OnePlus 8Pro and if I switch to another app and then back to the DL app it takes 20-30 seconds for it to "reload" data that was already loaded before.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've been having issues where when searching for flights (to book) the app randomly decides to for e me to keep refreshing the results. It can be seconds after loading results, and can happen two or three times not even a minute apart.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.