Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling a Refundable Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Cancelling a Refundable Flight

How is the money refunded on a refundable flight if I cancel the flight? Also, I paid for $50.00 of the flight with Pay with Miles; how does that get refunded?

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wildcard442
How is the money refunded on a refundable flight if I cancel the flight? Also, I paid for $50.00 of the flight with Pay with Miles; how does that get refunded?

Thanks for your help!
You'll be refunded ticket price-$50 and issued a voucher for $50 to use within a year.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You'll be refunded ticket price-$50 and issued a voucher for $50 to use within a year.
This, but also deduct any applicable change/cancellation fee from the cash refund.

Refundable does not always mean refundable-without-penalty.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:36 pm

You never get the miles back on PWM. Just a voucher good for one year from date of issue.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
On the OP's question of how they are refunded, it is a return of the original form of payment.

Normally this means a CC refund credit. If one actually paid cash then one gets a check.

If paying by any non cash form (such as PWM) one has to look at those terms.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the flight was booked by an OLTA, they'd probably will charge a service fee too. Some OLTAs will resist refunding a refundable ticket.

The OP doesn't give details of how the ticket was purchased, although pay with miles suggests that it was bought directly from DL and probably on delta.dumb.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the flight was booked by an OLTA, they'd probably will charge a service fee too. Some OLTAs will resist refunding a refundable ticket.

The OP doesn't give details of how the ticket was purchased, although pay with miles suggests that it was bought directly from DL and probably on delta.dumb.
PWM means it had to be done with DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.