Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL SC Guest Fee going up to $39 for Executive & Individual Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

DL just sent email, SC guest fee is going from $29 to $39.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:26 pm

Reserve card is still a tremendous value for my wife and I. We always use the First Class Companion Certificate - which can be worth $1-2k depending on destination. Yes it involves flexibility, but living in Florida and flying F for half price across the country and back each year more than offsets the cost of the card. We also use the Sky Club dozens of times so there's definitely value there. Despite how crowded they can often be, all it takes is being stuck with the general population for a few hours to remind yourself how nice being able to sit and relax in a Sky Club can be.

The only issue I had with the Reserve was the lack of Centurion access, and that is now rectified. My several Vegas trips each year were just made more tolerable since there's no Sky Club.

Overall losing the miles at each threshold is really disappointing, but added Centurion and still keeping both Sky Club access and the First Class Companion Certificates means we will be keeping our cards. Delta is still the best airline to fly, IMO.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL just sent email, SC guest fee is going from $29 to $39.
To be clear Executive members continue to be able to have two complimentary guests, or Spouse+Children, before the new $39 fee applies.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
It’s not just an increase in the guest fee. The fee will increase to $39 for non-SC members with a Delta AmEx card who want access by paying the fee.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
See all of the threads ranting about overcrowding in SC's. This is the inevitable consequence.
sdadept likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:47 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
whooah --- had to check whether I had a Executive Membership.. Since I have a lifetime SC membership. Don't fly Delta much but it comes in handy when I do.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
$10 isnt going to really effect the overcrowded Skydumps.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I welcome this change.
hockeystl and sdadept like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:31 pm

Weak. Should be $1k and require pre-purchase online before the door will even open.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Often1
See all of the threads ranting about overcrowding in SC's. This is the inevitable consequence.
It's so overblown to me. I've never seen the clubs in SEA close to capacity. Plus, they can solve the problem with more/bigger clubs if it's really an issue (granted it takes time and money).
rogo likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
It's so overblown to me. I've never seen the clubs in SEA close to capacity. Plus, they can solve the problem with more/bigger clubs if it's really an issue (granted it takes time and money).
Step 1: Collect the money (extra $10 per guest, possibly increasing fees paid by Skyteam partners)
Step 2: Wall street loves the extra money
Step 3: Sorry, no bigger lounge for you even though that's where the money should have come from.

ryw likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:43 pm

Agreed. Now I am not in skyclubs as frequently as others, but I do have a fairly good sampling every year. I have seen some full clubs (ATL, JFK, LGA, SLC, MSP), but I have always been able to find a seat and they are always less crowded that the gate areas swarmed by gate lice.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:04 pm

Something tells me guess passes will end up replacing the 50 dollar day passes they recently cut.

its not even remotely realistic unless you honestly expect Delta/Airports across the country to rebuild terminals in the name of larger SC.

but i'm betting if that happens we will be complaining about SC passes increasing a hell of a more than 10 bucks.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
They're also raising the price for guests entering using the DL-Amex-Platinum and DL-Amex-Reserve cards. See https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access updated recently with the changes noted.
I wonder if this will also apply the Amex Plat (non-DL) guest fee. Seems like they are just raising the pricing for guests across the board to $39. I can't find the pricing for that anywhere online.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:35 am

We lowly DL Gold Amex card holders will no longer be allowed into SkyClubs at all. We used to pay $29 and I found it worthwhile. Only did it a couple of times, neither time was the club crowded.
ryw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.