Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Rumor: DL announce new BOS routes next week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: DL announce new BOS routes next week

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by eneq
I honestly don't think it would look that bad. Flying private is probably way easier on his schedule 99% of the time.
He lives in Atlanta and runs the airline with a very large hub there. His company flies non-stop to just about everywhere he needs to go.

For today's event, DL has thirteen ATL-BOS flights. I'm pretty sure that's convenient enough for Ed to fly there and back on his airline.
MSPeconomist and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
BOS-FCO on Delta and a second BOS-CDG on Delta are both now listed on Delta.com. So, looks like that's the new flights Ed will announce today.
wrp96 and Pianoman109876 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was he in a middle seat in the back of coach? [Supposedly that's how Richard Anderson flew domestic when he was CEO.]
That is NOT what Richard Anderson said he did. He said he flew in coach but did indeed ask for an exit row given his height.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by indufan
That is NOT what Richard Anderson said he did. He said he flew in coach but did indeed ask for an exit row given his height.
Middle seat in the exit row? That would make sense.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
BOS-FCO on Delta and a second BOS-CDG on Delta are both now listed on Delta.com. So, looks like that's the new flights Ed will announce today.
So a lot of hoopla over two additional flights on routes already served by DL or codeshare. Color me disappointed! I guess the AZ joint venture days are numbered. Early in 2001, DL announced BOS to FCO service. AS served MXP from BOS at the time. Flight never materialized due to 9/11.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was anyone present for the event (live announcement and reception with cake or something I would assume) at BOS yesterday?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
One big question will be, will DL be able to get CBP to add a facility to their terminal? We know the building has the capability to add one easily, it's just up to Massport and CBP to actually do it and staff it.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
One big question will be, will DL be able to get CBP to add a facility to their terminal? We know the building has the capability to add one easily, it's just up to Massport and CBP to actually do it and staff it.
Not sure about easily - would require quite a build-out under the satellite (even though the space may be there) and if there isn't already a second (non-sterile) tunnel running under the ramp to the main terminal, would require a (sub-optimal) setup like ATL used to have before F (terminating customers have to check luggage and re-clear security to just exit the building)
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Not sure about easily - would require quite a build-out under the satellite (even though the space may be there) and if there isn't already a second (non-sterile) tunnel running under the ramp to the main terminal, would require a (sub-optimal) setup like ATL used to have before F (terminating customers have to check luggage and re-clear security to just exit the building)
The decision might depend on whether DL wants to focus on O&D traffic for these flights or whether DL wants BOS to evolve toward an international gateway with lots of connecting passengers.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by RobertS975
So a lot of hoopla over two additional flights on routes already served by DL or codeshare. Color me disappointed! I guess the AZ joint venture days are numbered. Early in 2001, DL announced BOS to FCO service. AS served MXP from BOS at the time. Flight never materialized due to 9/11.
I'm right there with you. Maybe I was expecting too much, but it seems like a let-down.
runningformqm likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by eneq
I'm right there with you. Maybe I was expecting too much, but it seems like a let-down.
But was it a good celebration and did Ed Bastion say anything interesting?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM
But was it a good celebration and did Ed Bastion say anything interesting?
I wasn't there. I was hyped up based on this thread and hearing Ed was going to be there. My expectations were maybe a tad over-inflated.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Outstation << focus city << hub.

At some point, probably in the mid 1990s, PMNW had more TATL nonstop flights from BOS, including CDG. I don't remember what gates they used.
I was living in BOS at the time and flew NWA a lot as they still had one nonstop to ORD that connected to NRT.

NWA flew out of the old low E gates, E1-3 or maybe 1-4. There was one gate that was actually the old single D1, but you accessed a very long jet bridge from E. I think it was called E1b.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The most important thing he did in BOS was he told some aviation reporters that DL would be in the market for as many as 200 B797s if it ever gets launched.

But no new destinations not already served by JV codeshare, again I was disappointed.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
https://www.wcvb.com/article/delta-s...come/29198118#

According to this article, they are also starting service to ORD, EWR, and DCA next week. Perhaps this was mentioned in another thread back when they were first announce, but this is news to me. The video in the link also has a few clips from Ed, but nothing surprising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.