Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question-Would you get MQD if AeroMexico change your flt to United?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question-Would you get MQD if AeroMexico change your flt to United?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM
Delta might be able to do this themselves. I was scheduled to fly MUC-CDG-ZRH on Air France with an Air France ticket number last year. Air France switched me to a nonstop Swiss Air flight at the airport. I called Delta directly, gave them the 057 ticket number, and within minutes had the original routing credit.
flyerCO likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Well, just to update this discussion. I did get my ticket "fixed" once we landed at ICN and went thru Transit controls, then got to gate (they had already shown they were leaving 25 mins later and by the time I was there it was another 15 or so mins later. I explained what happened, the gate team was very helpful and accommodating. They got me back on the original routing. Had to reissue a new ticket for some reason. I think it was cuz it seem (at least on this case) AM didn't just "back me up" with the UA fight (going direct to SFO). They DELETED my ICN-MEX-SFO flights (AM91 and AM664). So they asked me did they want them to just fix the ICN-MEX portion or the leg back to SFO. I, of course said fix the whole thing. They did and I got on. Flight left. Waiting here in MEX for the connection back to SFO.

Now just the (hopefully) few days wait to have the Miles, MQM (and most importantly) the MQD post.
Of course, saved all boarding cards, and confirmed on each one as the gate printed them, that they have DL SM# on them (which is always a pain, when you see they have the SM # associated with your reservation when you pull it up online) but seems to never be there when you print up boarding without asking them (unless its printed at a site that seems to have Delta agents operating the AM flights, which is what I have seen once when leave SEA on a AM flight and ticket)
Thanks all for the discussions, weather on topic or slightly off topic.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
For some reason KE (who I believe handles AM) always deletes segments instead of doing a proper FIM for IRROPS. Aggravating thing is that for DL doing this means the DL online/app rebooking tool doesn't work.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by scottsinct
Delta might be able to do this themselves. I was scheduled to fly MUC-CDG-ZRH on Air France with an Air France ticket number last year. Air France switched me to a nonstop Swiss Air flight at the airport. I called Delta directly, gave them the 057 ticket number, and within minutes had the original routing credit.
For KLM/AF/AZ, yes.

For partners where DL doesn't share ticketing responsibility, no.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
For some reason KE (who I believe handles AM) always deletes segments instead of doing a proper FIM for IRROPS. Aggravating thing is that for DL doing this means the DL online/app rebooking tool doesn't work.
Actually I am not so sure they would have been involved. The first time I became aware of the change in my PRN (via the AM App) was while we were on the flight a couple hours AFTER we left MEX. This was about 12 or 13 hours BEFORE we landed in ICN. So I suspect KE folks were not involved at this point (but of course will likely never know)
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
You'd be surprised how easily you get the ORC.
I got if from a China Eastern ticket where the first leg was flown by Garuda and got diverted. They rebooked me on ANA and I still got my miles, relatively quickly.
Hold on to the paper boarding passes though, you'll need them.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Poster

closing up any loose ends to this question discussion.
1. In the end I was able to have the original flights put back on my reservation and was re-ticketed in INC for planned flight back to MEX and on to SFO. Had about 30 mins before boarding began to get that done. But Korean Airline folks did outstanding job accommodating and making it happen at the gate (assume they are Korean Airline employees that man the AM departures)
2. Never got on the United flight so not sure yet what would have happened with regard to MQM, MQD, etc. if was not needing the MQD this year, would have taken it only to try out United Polaris and would have had more time in Korea and would have arrived back in SFO about 8 hours earlier.
3. 3 days after trip was done (Thursday) all flights were accounted for in Delta SM account (in particular the MQD was exactly what I was expecting it to be ~$7500 MQD)

thanks again for the discussion and the data points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.