Search

Medallion Member Check in Email

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Medallion Member Check in Email

Anybody else get this Medallion Member Check In Email?

Apparently I am in the top 3% of ATL flyers which is both surprising and also very depressing
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM
yeah I got that. Since I literally just last weekend made GM, mostly by Reserve card Miles Boost chicanery, mine was much more mundane e.g. "You've visited 1 country this year so far!"
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Yep. Mine didn't have anything about top x% for anything though.

Mine had:
- Miles flown
- Cities flown to
- # of D1 trips
- # of countries visited

Seems to be accurate for the first 6 (maybe 7) months of the year.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by SteveTownsend
yeah I got that. Since I literally just last weekend made GM, mostly by Reserve card Miles Boost chicanery, mine was much more mundane e.g. "You've visited 1 country this year so far!"
Mine is similar to yours. I did notice that it seems to be including flights on Tier 1 partners in my country/mileage stats, but not other SkyTeam partners. Nothing to be drawn from that, just trivia.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got mine earlier today: % of MSP, countries, D1 segments, and (actual?) miles.

ADDED: It's not at all clear what criterion was used for the top % calculation.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 22, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:27 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Apparently I'm in the top 24% of LA flyers. As an FO, I'm surprised that that percentage is that low - I wonder how it's calculated, whether by miles flown, MQM, MQD, etc...

Mine has % of travelers, # of countries, miles flown, and # of cities. My number of cities seems much lower than I've actually been through (even if they're not counting VS flights or connecting points, I think the number of cities is accurate for my travel as of May 2019).
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:06 pm

Is this actual cash back?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm sure it's something simple like MQM accrued or something.

However I would love if it was based on HVC score. =D
(I'm equally sure it is not that; but one can dream.)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Mine was not entirely accurate - I've flown to both Mexico and Canada on Delta metal this year but it said only one country. Maybe we're annexing?

I'm not sure I believe the mile stats either. It says I'm in the the top 5% of Diamond medallions in terms of miles flown so far (124K). Unless they're excluding 360s from that number, I don't think that's right.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
My city and country count is wrong, presumably because whatever batch process they used to calculate it didn't parse a transatlantic open jaw exception fare ticket (ie. river cruise purchased with airfare included) properly.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I can't figure out the % calculation. I'm in the top 22% as a PM. Is SJC that diamond heavy??
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I’m an NYC 1%er!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
I got it:
Top 5% of all PM Members
Top 5% of all SEA Travelers

Interesting to see...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I can't figure out the % calculation. I'm in the top 22% as a PM. Is SJC that diamond heavy??
Assuming the language says "Top 22% of Platinum Medallion flyers" then presumably it would only compare you against other Platinum flyers.

Honestly, the stat makes a lot more sense if it is "Top X% of ALL Medallion flyers" - that would make my "Top 5% of Diamond Medallions" make more sense - there is no way I am top 5% among Diamonds, but probably top 5% among all Medallions. And in that context, 22% is probably right for an outstation like SJC.

edit: Entel's figures tell me that isn't right as there is no way any PM would be top 5% of all Medallions, so sounds like it is in fact within status comparison.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I got mine earlier today: % of MSP, countries, D1 segments, and (actual?) miles.

Agree on that last point. As one data point, I’m top 1% apparently for NYC, with only 40 segments, ~100,000 miles actually flown, ~$15k MQD YTD, ~$100,000 card spend with one 15,000 MQM bonus not included in the 100,000 miles flown (gave the other bonus to my wife to boost her status).

I don’t consider any of those stats particularly impressive for NYC, but if anything got me in the top 1% (other than faulty algorithm), it has to be the miles flown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.