Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got FO status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just got FO status

My flight this morning was the last flight I needed for FO (silver) status. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes Delta to process this and before I can start picking preferred seats for free.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by Traveler_boy_25
My flight this morning was the last flight I needed for FO (silver) status. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes Delta to process this and before I can start picking preferred seats for free.

Usually within 24 hours or so. Often quicker.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by ekozie
Usually within 24 hours or so. Often quicker.
It takes an overnight after the qualifying flight posts. Flights post within a few hours of completion usually, and then status updates are recognized approx once per day after an overnight process.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Congrats on your newly minted Medallion status!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:25 pm

Congrats! You should see your "2020 Status" change to Silver Medallion tonight, then your CURRENT status should update by the time that you wake up tomorrow morning.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Thank you everyone! Tomorrow is my birthday, so I guess that’s a pretty good present!
Gig103 and jaimemayo like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Congrats TB25!

3 of my 4 daughters have intentionally gotten to SM for the baggage and other perks. My youngest: 15, took a mileage run from CHA-ATL and return just to get the extra $64 spend to make Silver next year! My 17 year old traveled around the world this year, my 20 year old took a points trip to Korea with a friend. I've created travel monsters! But they love it!
nystateofmind likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Congrats, I made silver back in 2010 and my first flight as a FO I got upgraded to F. DC-9 DTW-PBI. Gave me a false sense of what to expect in the future, haha... but I hope you get some of the same luck!

I've been a DL elite ever since, DM most years, Gold in 2019, but dropping to nothing in 2020. The Skymiles program isn't good enough anymore for me to keep elite status. I bet there were people saying the same thing in 2010 too, the good-old-days are relative.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help! My status officially changed when I woke up!

I saw that I can change my seats to preferred seats already, but I have some question about upgrades. Is this automatic when I go to check in for my flight? Also I thought I had read that for C+ you could ask for an aisle/window seat and preference no middle, but I don’t see where to do that.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Thank you all for your help! My status officially changed when I woke up!

I saw that I can change my seats to preferred seats already, but I have some question about upgrades. Is this automatic when I go to check in for my flight? Also I thought I had read that for C+ you could ask for an aisle/window seat and preference no middle, but I don’t see where to do that.

Any advice is appreciated!
You should be able to select your options for upgrades when looking at the trip record, it's further down the page. I've only seen the aisle/window C+ option at OLCI, not before.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Last edited by Traveler_boy_25; Aug 15, 2019 at 6:54 am
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Congrats -- If things work well for you, you'll be "hooked" on status like many of us here!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Congrats on your newly minted status!

Now, here, carry my bags, plebeian.

cjjones051 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Congrats OP! Enjoy your new status!

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Congrats, I made silver back in 2010 and my first flight as a FO I got upgraded to F. DC-9 DTW-PBI. Gave me a false sense of what to expect in the future, haha... but I hope you get some of the same luck!

I've been a DL elite ever since, DM most years, Gold in 2019, but dropping to nothing in 2020. The Skymiles program isn't good enough anymore for me to keep elite status. I bet there were people saying the same thing in 2010 too, the good-old-days are relative.
Made Silver back in 2008, also got upgraded on my first flight (SLC-LAX on a 75X). I only missed an upgrade (ATL-SLC) that year and the subsequent years always got upgraded mainly because my routes were medallion light most of the time. Then moved to CDG so I was a Skyteam captive and made GM and PM. Now I'm roaming between DC and Latin America / Europe, with more options on OneWorld and Star Alliance than Skyteam so highly doubt will keep PM beyond 2020.

Last edited by SDQBound; Aug 15, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Thank you!
I just made FO for the first time as well. Congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.