Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Gate agent offering to move me out of FC bulkhead -courtesy to me or?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

Yesterday, flying ABQ-ATL, the gate agent, just before assigning the last gate upgrades, paged me and asked if wanted to move out of 1B (737-9) out of the bulkhead. I explained to her that I select bulkhead, even with the legroom issues because I really dislike the seat in front of me reclining into my space. My upgrade came through at T-120. Once on board the guy in 1A ended up swapping with someone from 4A to sit with his wife. So not sure if the agent was trying to do me a favor or take care of the last two UGs.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:36 am

Yeah, certainly not a courtesy to you. if it was, they wouldn't seat anyone in the FC bulkhead

It was to help the other couple stay together, framed as a courtesy to you
Global Adventurer likes this.

Last edited by dmbolp; Aug 11, 2019 at 11:10 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: DL
I wouldn’t assign any malice to the GA... the 739 bulkhead is definitely the worst in Delta’s fleet.
cmx likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:50 am

At least you had a knowledgeable gate agent who realized that, for many, Row 4 on 739 was more desirable, but didn't just assume. If you are going to have to swap seats, the person being accommodated should be receiving the second choice.
Spiff, mcjava and cmx like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:01 am

I’d guess it had nothing to do with you, but there was no harm in asking. Not everyone is aware of the seating layout and where they are seated. I’d bet it is not uncommon for people to ask for an aisle and just take what is assigned not knowing that it is the bulkhead. Did the agent indicate that to most people it was a less preferable seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.