Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skyteam Elite Plus Sky Club Access Domestic Connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

I have a question regarding whether or not if I’m arriving from CPH to JFK on Delta in a Comfort + seat do I get access to Delta Sky Club on arrival before my same day domestic flight connecting to Atlanta later on in the day. I am a Platinum medallion and didn’t have a problem on the outbound but just worried for the arrival how it works.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
You'll be fine. I've done exactly this a number of times and never had a problem. Just keep your boarding pass handy in case you get any grief. (Never happened to me, but better safe than sorry.)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was under the impression that, if you don’t have a credit card that lets you in, the only other way to be allowed in from an international connection with a domestic layover, is with a Premium Economy seat not an Economy Comfort.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold
SkyTeam+ (DL Gold and higher) have SkyClub access when they have same day international itineraries (pre or post international leg)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by danola
I was under the impression that, if you don’t have a credit card that lets you in, the only other way to be allowed in from an international connection with a domestic layover, is with a Premium Economy seat not an Economy Comfort.
premium economy does NOT include skyclub access. OP is using SkyTeam Elite Plus status as entry, so he has access regardless of cabin he's booked in.
cjjones051 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
You'll get in, but just to emphasize: keep your CPH to JFK BP handy. I have had SC agents not realize I had come from an international location in the past.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
You'll get in, but just to emphasize: keep your CPH to JFK BP handy. I have had SC agents not realize I had come from an international location in the past.
I've had a few recent experiences where no BP is necessary, it seems that once the GA scans the BP the previous / upcoming international flight automatically shows.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM
Same experience, agent at SC will at least ask you the flight number of the international leg to let you in. And to answer the OP's question, definitely no problem for E+ to access the club after the international trip.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
What about accessing the location at ATL in OP's case? Do they allow this?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What about accessing the location at ATL in OP's case? Do they allow this?
Technically not on arrivalcat final destination. However if OP is connecting via JFK then he'll be airside upon arrival to ATL. DL Skyclybs will normally (but not always, and its technically outside STE+ policy) allow you in since you can physically get to the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.