Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Delta earning flying AF marketed VS flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold

Hi, I just booked some AF marketed VS operated flights yesterday and I was planning to credit to Delta. Someone in the Virgin Atlantic forum is claiming I won’t receive Delta earning though. Is that accurate? That caught me
off guard as I was assuming I would earn based on the AF partner chart for Delta. I’m most concerned with getting the MQMs but was also banking on getting the partial Skymiles earning based on the partner chart.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:52 am

Partner-marketed flights will earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid. Unless otherwise noted, mileage credit is only applicable to SkyTeam-marketed flights operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Mileage credit is not applicable to a SkyTeam-marketed flight operated by another airline.

The above can be found on the delta website when looking at AF partner earnings. Since VS is not a skyteam member it will not earn any miles.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambol
Partner-marketed flights will earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid. Unless otherwise noted, mileage credit is only applicable to SkyTeam-marketed flights operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Mileage credit is not applicable to a SkyTeam-marketed flight operated by another airline.

The above can be found on the delta website when looking at AF partner earnings. Since VS is not a skyteam member it will not earn any miles.
Bummer, seeing that now. Do you know if that also means no MQMs, or do I still earn my MQMs?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: DL PM
no MQMs as well
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few similar threads, such as:

Earn on VS-operated, AF/KL-marketed flights?

No MQM, nada. Rules are more strict about earning MQM compared to RDM. There are few partners with RDM without MQM. I have never seems MQM without RDM.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TerryK
A few similar threads, such as:

Earn on VS-operated, AF/KL-marketed flights?

No MQM, nada. Rules are more strict about earning MQM compared to RDM. There are few partners with RDM without MQM. I have never seems MQM without RDM.
Thanks everyone, this sucks. Gotta cancel the flights now and book something new...need those MQMs to help secure Platinum for next year.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Thanks everyone, this sucks. Gotta cancel the flights now and book something new...need those MQMs to help secure Platinum for next year.
Crisis averted. Was able to find similar flights on VS that I could book as VS marketed as well. Phew, now back to work....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.