Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP ground stop 7/15/19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by ethernal
Totally fair point that I had not considered. I was probably wrong with my comment - sorry @MSPeconomist for doubting you. ​​​​​​
At least as far as FAs, we have the option to walk at 15.01 hours on duty or scheduled day plus two hours, whichever is more. There’s technically no upper limit but anything over 17 hours requires approval from a duty manager in OCC (considering factors like a long sit where we had the opportunity to nap). There is incentive pay to continue the trip if we elect to stay.

With many diversions if the aircraft doesn’t return to the gate, FAs don’t get the option walk because the door has to open. It’s not like pilots where if they go illegal they have to get off. They do have a small window where they can opt to stay before they hit their legalities, but I’m not as familiar with their rules.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
I was on MSP-JAC on 7/15.......crew did a great job of getting out of MSP as fast as ATC would allow.....yes they needed to get to JAC as they were operating the outbound in the AM. We pushed back in MSP and thought we would get out but ATC shut everything down....this one was not Delta's flight at all and onboard crews did everything they could to keep people happy and informed.
We were on the same flight. I agree the crew did a stand up job from the FAs coming around with snacks/drinks to the wing walkers when we pushed back who got absolutely soaked.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:32 am

I was on a pushed-back delayed plane in China once, and they went ahead and served us our lunch: why can't the drinks cart come out in the U.S. during these long waits?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ethernal
There is no "agreeing to waive" timeout - crews have either timed out or they haven't. That said, DL does try to add in buffer to crew timing within reason - most would be okay with anything less than a 2 hour delay (especially those that were then scheduled to fly a final leg with RON). Beyond that is when things start getting dicey.

I am sure that some flights are not making it to MSP tonight, but that should be the minority.
This is incorrect. There's absolute maximums that cant be overridden, even by employee choice. However, there's also maximums where the employee must agree to go beyond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.