Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of the line for the CRJ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
I have absolutely no problem with the 700 and 900. There is someone on the forum who refers to the 200s as "Satan's Chariots" and I am in full agreement with that opinion.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by IggySD
What exactly makes them better? I’d guess that I’ve flown variants of each at least 50 times each over the past year and aside from the CR2 which truly is the devils chariot and one other model that doesn’t have a lav in front (CR7?) they’re interchangeable. What exactly is the difference between a CR9 and an E170/5 from your perspective that makes the former so inferior?
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Wider seats, especially in Y
The ability to put in a regular roll aboard and you can put them in wheels first in F as well
The less curved fuselage

A CR9 is tolerable, an E-jet is comfortable
I'd add that I can actually stand erect in an E-170/175/190. I sorta count that as a relatively important feature.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
I just don't get the mantra on this board where CR2s are like the plague when in reality most routes are pretty binary in DL's network these days. Most routes that are CR2 are all CR2 and the alternative in most cases is CR2 on other airlines, driving to a bigger airport, or no service at all.

Its easy to avoid the CR2 if you don't fly into smaller markets, but the small cities they serve that is about all they got.

Just three examples where this isn't the case that come to mind (and that I've suffered through.)
BWI-JFK
CVG-ORD
DTW-YUL

The last one, in particular, isn't that short!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ecaarch
I'd add that I can actually stand erect in an E-170/175/190. I sorta count that as a relatively important feature.
I'll also add that I never need to gate check a carry-on on the E-jet, I typically do on a CR7/9.
Spiff and Air Houston like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.