Community
Wiki Posts
Search

delta.com and app are broken

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by BenA

The heck of it all is that this wouldn’t have prevented the original issue - the employee could have checked in, gotten a BP, then cancelled the ticket. About the only way the company can really prevent this is by using a service like Concur that integrates with the airline backend, or by manually checking the Reciepts section on the airline sites to make sure the coupon says FLWN.

or asking employees to submit a selfie with their boarding pass and the safety card onboard each time?
Is that a Lufthansa reference on purpose?
A clear photo of the affected passengers holding their ID next to their face
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gig103
No, was just trying to devise some obviously over the top verification procedure nobody would actually require in the real world. Sigh...
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Long lines at MSP today. It took about 20 minutes to drop a SkyPriority bag and get through CLEAR/PreCheck.

ADDED: Escape was slightly busier than usual and the F/G SC is a zoo today.

Also, flight delayed. I was told the problem is waiting for some FAs to arrive.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 20, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:50 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Five boarding passes? How often do you need more than one?

I just print one in case my phone dies (I'd hate to be That Guy... we've all witnessed That Guy at least once or thrice...)
Just making a little fun of people above me. I print one, put one in my Apple Wallet and screenshot it too.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Not sure if its related to their issues yesterday or something else but just checked in for a flight tomorrow morning on my phone, its is a paid F ticket and I have DL silver, noticed my BP shows group SKY not PREM as it normally does. Seat map shows me still in FC (row 3) so not that worried about it but it made me to a double take
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by ryan182
Not sure if its related to their issues yesterday or something else but just checked in for a flight tomorrow morning on my phone, its is a paid F ticket and I have DL silver, noticed my BP shows group SKY not PREM as it normally does. Seat map shows me still in FC (row 3) so not that worried about it but it made me to a double take
I'm PM, on paid first, and I see the same on my boarding pass for my flight in two hours. Carry on.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I SDC'ed from BWI-DTW to DCA-DTW last week with a companion. I'm a DM and our boarding zone was showing something like Main 2 after the SDC.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:20 pm

I just noticed that one of my flights cleared a complimentary upgrade 10 days out (OU). Is that due to the Delta.com issues too?

If so, I hope they keep it up!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Strange IT glitch -- in F but zone "sky"

Not a huge deal but strange nonetheless. Traveling in F today in tickets that cleared weeks ago. (Used an RUC.) However, boarding pass on paper and in the app show zone Sky. I pointed this out to the lady who checked me in and she shrugged.

Not a big deal but I wanted that sweet, sweet zone FIRST

Last edited by koreanair720; Jun 21, 2019 at 4:37 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This issue has been experienced by many and has been noted here a number of times in the past. Most recently at the end of this thread -- delta.com and app are broken
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: DL DM
I typically don't print the boarding pass and just ride with the electronic one off the app.

For those submitting receipts, do you ask taxi drivers to print two copies? How about at the hotel - one for you, one for submitting, and one for the bellman? What if you split coffee on your briefcase where you carry all those printed receipts?

I guess I am lucky I don't have those requirements from my employer.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
I SDC'ed from BWI-DTW to DCA-DTW last week with a companion. I'm a DM and our boarding zone was showing something like Main 2 after the SDC.
I hadn't realized that coterminal SDC privileges were extended to companions of DMs.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:38 am

My D1 boarding pass from yesterday didn't show zone PREM as expected. Instead, on the version printed by a DL agent at the airport, I have DIAMnd under my seat assignment while the version printed from delta.dumb during OLCI says DIAMND under the zone.

I never realized that DL cared about the diameter of North Dakota.

In addition, the airport printed boarding pass says BUSINESS under the fare class, but the OLCI version just shows my seat with the fare class in parentheses in a small font. Nothing says D1 or business class. Both say special meal requested because I ordered my main course in advance; it's not a special meal like diabetic or vegan.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My D1 boarding pass from yesterday didn't show zone PREM as expected. Instead, on the version printed by a DL agent at the airport, I have DIAMnd under my seat assignment while the version printed from delta.dumb during OLCI says DIAMND under the zone.

I never realized that DL cared about the diameter of North Dakota.

In addition, the airport printed boarding pass says BUSINESS under the fare class, but the OLCI version just shows my seat with the fare class in parentheses in a small font. Nothing says D1 or business class. Both say special meal requested because I ordered my main course in advance; it's not a special meal like diabetic or vegan.
If the flight had premium select, your BP should not have said PREM. That now denotes premium select.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
This issue has been experienced by many and has been noted here a number of times in the past. Most recently at the end of this thread -- delta.com and app are broken
Ah, thanks. Mods, feel free to consolidate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.