Search

YYZ-ATL Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
YYZ-ATL Questions

I can not remember since it has been so long but does anybody know the following:

When I land from YYZ in ATL we just land at a regular gate and walk into the terminal? (as you pre clear customers in YYZ)

When you land are you let straight into the terminal? i.e. would I go through security in ATL again if connecting?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Landing from YYZ in ATL is exactly like landing from a domestic flight in that you go right into the terminal. YYZ flights virtually always land in D or E. You need not reclear security in ATL. I never check luggage but if you do then you must go to F International baggage claim to claim your checked luggage. If you are connecting then your checked luggage will automatically go to your connecting city.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Well said. Also, please give yourself plenty of time at YYZ to clear US Customs and Immigration. I've had some brutally long lines there. It was the thing that pushed me over the edge to sign up for Global Entry.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
You will not likely arrive in the international terminal. It is really treated as a domestic flight.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
The flight usually lands in E or F gate, but you will not need to go through customs.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
The flight usually lands in E or F gate, but you will not need to go through customs.
I fly this route weekly and land 99% of the time in D or E.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.