Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum line - 2 hours wait?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Platinum line - 2 hours wait?

So it seems like there is some weather going on... but it is my first time as a Plan that I need to wait 2 hours to be answered...
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:38 am

Other than weather I heard there was an ATC and/or GPS problem impacting flights. Certainly hit me today!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
It’s wild...they didn’t even offer the call back option last night!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Last night I'm not surprised about... Atlanta suffered a meltdown yesterday - pretty much from 7:30 AM EST all the way to 3:15 PM EST there were ATC arrival stops. Tons of diversions including some heavies (e.g., LH444). Delta managed to hold it together better than AA's disaster at DFW from the same storm earlier this week where they cancelled 35% of flights, but Delta still ended up cancelling 8% of mainline flights to/from Atlanta yesterday (with Endeavor Air cancelling 15%).

Cancellations are way down today but there is probably the knock-on effect as well as the impact to northerly Southeast (e.g., RDU) from the same storm.

As a datapoint - I got through as a Diamond in only 1-2 minutes about an hour ago so assume things have settled down a bit.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:15 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
30m on the Diamond line - with call back option. Rare - but It happens. I chuck it up to the traveling things I have no control of - and deal with it/adapt
hnewman likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Milwaukee
Other than weather I heard there was an ATC and/or GPS problem impacting flights. Certainly hit me today!
https://hackaday.com/2019/06/09/gps-...elled-flights/

Yep...flights were being delayed this morning due to the problem with GPS/ADS-B functionality noted in the link
Don't know if the problem has been fixed or is on-going.
Milwaukee likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
RDU-SEA was cancelled at 3pm (original departure 7:40am), and while dealing with this at the SC I heard the agents telling pax of comm problems with "a bunch of Delta Connection flights in the area". It was quite the mess.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
RDU-SEA was cancelled at 3pm (original departure 7:40am), and while dealing with this at the SC I heard the agents telling pax of comm problems with "a bunch of Delta Connection flights in the area". It was quite the mess.
About 25% of Endevour (DL-only regional) flights have been cancelled today (Mesa - which flies AA/UA with a lot of CRJs as well - is in the same boat). This is after a tough day of regional ops in the Southeast yesterday too due to WX. Pretty much every flight I'm looking at Monday out of ATL is sold out through the afternoon. Definitely going to be a messy day tomorrow too - WX should be better, but still some thunderstorms to deal with throughout the day.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Would like to hear if any 360s have had phone delays.

Anecdotally, I called the generic DL/AF/KLM line and got right through, after being told by the automated DM line voice that it’d be ~20 minutes before an agent became available.

I landed at TLV earlier today and AF lost my fricken FORCED GATE CHECK bag... again!!!

AF sucks. And their CDG>TLV Euro “Business Class” is a ridiculous joke.

Sardines get more space.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Would like to hear if any 360s have had phone delays.
didn't call the desk but had to make a complaint today via the website and got a call back 35' after posting... so the customer service desk there was working very fine

360 desk has a dedicated group of ~20, not sure what they do in case of irops but wouldn't surprise me to get some delay there too, albeit 5-10' vs. the usual 2'. The longest I've ever had to wait was still under 4', but never had to call on a really bad day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.