Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight changes, any options?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Flight changes, any options?

Delta keeps changing my business class booking and each schedule gets worse and worse and the travel day is getting longer and longer. Do I have any options? It seems I have this problem more with Delta than any other airline. It seems their posted schedule is only a suggestion, I never have the flights I previously scheduled, but this one gets more ridiculous with each change and I expect the next change will have me staying overnight in some airport. So disappointed in Delta right now!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Assuming the changes are significant, you can either ask for a refund or change to another flight to the same destination at about the same date/time for free, There are specific rules, but they are not that important as often DL is more generous than what they formally state.

So, look around and see if there is a better option for your trip. If so, call and ask to change. If they say no, you can always try again. Most important thing is to look to see what you now want to fly.

I am assuming you are not talking about the ever common 10 minute or so flight changes.

Last edited by exwannabe; Jun 5, 2019 at 7:13 pm
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Schedule changes are one of the best things with DL. Its like a golden ticket to rebook. Can go from connection to nonstop, book onto JV partners, etc. Basically you get what you want when rebooking and at no additional cost.
Duke787 and Quinlanty like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Schedule changes are one of the best things with DL. Its like a golden ticket to rebook. Can go from connection to nonstop, book onto JV partners, etc. Basically you get what you want when rebooking and at no additional cost.
This.

OP if you provide route and date for your flight, the board can you options and if you call with a specific re-route in mind after a significant schedule change, DL will make it happen 99% of the time
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

No, it's very significant with changes that impact my connection flight--only miss it by 3 hours. When I booked I was suppose to arrive back at origin airport at 1:30pm, then 3:30 pm on second rescheduling. However, changing to at least have connecting flights, the earliest I can get back is a 6:30 pm, and I still have a 2+ hour drive afterwards and that's with a 3.5 hour layover at the connection! This is not the first time this has happened to me. Delta is accommodating, but it's still irritating to book and pay for a flights and not have that flight schedule when you travel, since I choose my flights carefully!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by D2travel
No, it's very significant with changes that impact my connection flight--only miss it by 3 hours. When I booked I was suppose to arrive back at origin airport at 1:30pm, then 3:30 pm on second rescheduling. However, changing to at least have connecting flights, the earliest I can get back is a 6:30 pm, and I still have a 2+ hour drive afterwards and that's with a 3.5 hour layover at the connection! This is not the first time this has happened to me. Delta is accommodating, but it's still irritating to book and pay for a flights and not have that flight schedule when you travel, since I choose my flights carefully!
Is this domestic or international? International you have benefit of numerous partner airlines that can be used. If domestic, obviously limited to DL. However, you can make use of connections in cities that wouldn't normally be able. Of course assuming that such type connection helps.

Schedule changes suck, but happen on all airlines. At least DL gives you a carte blanche for rebooking.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
You also should have the option for a full refund if the new schedule doesn't work and another carrier has better options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.