Wiki Posts
Search

No TSA PreCheck suddenly?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
No TSA PreCheck suddenly?

I have both Global entry and TSA Precheck.

On my inbound flight I did not get precheck. No biggie I thought it was a random out.

I check in for my return flight and no precheck.

I verify that my Global entry is in good standing and the TTN is in my Delta profile.

DL res just told me there is no TTN attached to my flight locator.

What gives?

Anyone else having the same problem?

Jim
Old May 29, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Was the flight booked directly with DL or through a TA? The one in your profile is only attached when you book directly.

Otherwise sometimes it gets lost. I always assume it's missing if I don't get Pre on BP. Never have not gotten it in the years I've had it, as long as it was listed.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
It's happened to me several times, especially when someone else books my flights for me. I've given exact name, Skymiles #, etc and it still happens.

Therefore, I book my own flights.

Not sure if my issue is related to yours. I'd definitely go back through my profile and make sure all is correct.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Was the flight booked directly with DL or through a TA? The one in your profile is only attached when you book directly.
This is not true. As long as your number is in your Delta.com profile, and that Delta number is sent through with the TA booking, Delta will automatically
process the TSA or GE number in the reservation.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This sounds like a glitch. If your e-ticket was booked using your DL profile and your KTN is properly in your profile, there should not be an issue unless there is a problem of a larger nature.

Go into your DL profile, remove your KTN and save. Close the browser. Then go back in and enter your KTN and save. Then double-check that the name in your profile matches whichever TTP, GE or Pre-Check you use and that your tickets are booked under your name as it appears in your profile.

While unstated in the OP, it appears that when the KTN is attached to the PNR, he does get Pre-Check, so it seems unlikely that TSA has identified a security-related issue.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:26 am

If you are using Corp travel you might also want to go in and check your profile there. On occasion mine gets messed up in my profile there and it creates issues.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
I'm having the same problem

The last trip that I took, the TSApre was missing from my boarding pass. When I looked at my profile, the KTN field was blank. My GE was recently renewed, so I'm assuming that was the cause. I've popped the number back in and have my fingers crossed for my next trip.

The only other time I didn't have TSApre was when I booked a ticket over the phone with a Delta agent.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
A while back my TTN mysteriously got deleted from my profile. DL agent couldn't explain how it happened, but adding it back in solved the problem.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
I had this happen earlier this year; I normally book company travel through Concur and have never missed TSA pre. However, there was one trip I had to book through our travel agent, who used my Skymiles number (and was able to select preferred seats for me for free) and said she saw my KTN in my company profile, but yet I did not receive TSA pre. Nothing looked out of place in My Trips.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
This is not true. As long as your number is in your Delta.com profile, and that Delta number is sent through with the TA booking, Delta will automatically
process the TSA or GE number in the reservation.
This isn't correct unless something recently changed. Unless the TA is booking using a DL portal, your KTN isn't loaded into the PNR. Simply adding your SM number doesn't add your KTN to the reservation. It must be in the reservation, not simply in your SM profile.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
It's hit or miss with me. I always book the same way every time. I haven't changed anything on my DL profile. I only book on DL website and only fly Delta.

Last edited by NWA777; May 29, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Old May 29, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This isn't correct unless something recently changed. Unless the TA is booking using a DL portal, your KTN isn't loaded into the PNR. Simply adding your SM number doesn't add your KTN to the reservation. It must be in the reservation, not simply in your SM profile.
Is amextravel.com a DL portal? I often book through there with my SM # and always get TSA Pre.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I would just check in at the airport and provide the agent with your number.
works for me when I fly DL
Old May 29, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: DL DM
Beg to differ, it does work and has for quite some time. Agent uses Worldspan, not that it makes a difference.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:28 am

I had the same problem when it dropped out because I had update my middle initial to my full middle name as I was going to book an international flight and noticed that I used middle initial years ago when first registering on the DL site. An hour on the phone ended up with the supervisor instructing me to delete my complete passenger entry and then add back the correct version. And voila, no further problems with the lack of a TSAPRCHK appearing on the boarding card. Apparently, deleting the entry and adding it back is the only way to overcome these deficiencies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.