Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A321 First Class

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
A321 First Class

Hi all, traveling from LGA to MCO and booked in F on the A321. Currently assigned 1A, but 1D, 4A and 5C are also available. I’ve read some concerning things about the bulkhead on the A321, is it really that bad? I usually go for the bulkhead to avoid seats having someone recline their seat closer to me. Am I better off with one of the other seats/rows?
Old May 27, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by allseas1586
Hi all, traveling from LGA to MCO and booked in F on the A321. Currently assigned 1A, but 1D, 4A and 5C are also available. I’ve read some concerning things about the bulkhead on the A321, is it really that bad? I usually go for the bulkhead to avoid seats having someone recline their seat closer to me. Am I better off with one of the other seats/rows?
I was upgraded to 1D from LAX to ATL a few weeks ago. The legroom was good and I was able to go to the restroom without disturbing 1C except the show him that he could plug in his headphones into the armrest instead of stretching the cord all the way to the bulkhead mounted monitor.

I would fly the A321 bulkhead again, and I usually avoid bulkhead seats on narrowbodies due to bad experience with the 739.
Tanzguy, SamuelS and lindros2 like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
I was upgraded to 1D from LAX to ATL a few weeks ago. The legroom was good and I was able to go to the restroom without disturbing 1C except the show him that he could plug in his headphones into the armrest instead of stretching the cord all the way to the bulkhead mounted monitor.

I would fly the A321 bulkhead again, and I usually avoid bulkhead seats on narrowbodies due to bad experience with the 739.
Very helpful! And great tip about being able to plug the headphones into the armrest!

From what you could tell, were 1A and 1D comparable, or is one preferable to the other?
Old May 27, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
I flew BOS-MSP-SAN yesterday with both segments in row 2 of an A-321. Legroom in row 1 looked about the same as row 2. For the convenient seatback IFE screen and under-seat storage, I still prefer rows 2 to 5.
Duke787, simplyben and Tanzguy like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Take 1A. The A321 is not as bad legroom wise in row 1 as the 739 is. I prefer the bulkhead when sitting by the window as it’s often easier to get up to the aisle without bothering the person next to you.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA-MCO is a relatively short.....unless you’re 6’9 you’ll “survive” in FC.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
We try to get the front row when flying MCO - SLC on the A321. We usually take 1C and 1D and it seems roomy enough. I'm 6'1" and my partner is 6'4". 1A looked just fine from where we sat.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Maybe I am in the minority but I just did TPA-ATL-LAS on a 739 (TPA-ATL) and A321 (ATL-LAS) and couldn’t tell much at all difference in the legroom in 1D on both.
I am 5’8” and would put my feet on the bulkhead to stretch on the A321 on occasion. Can’t stretch my legs fully out on either one.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. I’ll stick with 1A then. I’m usually in the main cabin or C+ anyways so this should be a better experience no matter what!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to update for anyone pondering the same thing. I sat in 1A on the way down and 2A on the way back.

There definitely was more the feeling of more legroom in 2A with the ability to put your feet under 1A, but I wouldn’t hesitate 1A in the future as the space was fine. I was able to get out without 1C having to get up, too.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I'm tall but almost always choose bulkheads these days. It's easier to get out from the window seat, and no one reclines into me.

I also find the first row to be move private.
Schuhfly likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by apodo77
I am 5’8” and would put my feet on the bulkhead to stretch on the A321 on occasion. Can’t stretch my legs fully out on either one.
Why do people constantly think it's perfectly acceptable to put one's feet on the bulkhead? That's not what it's there for. I wish airlines would put signs there to say "This is not a foot-rest, nor is it a piece of furniture to put you dirty shoes/smelly feet/socks on!" Why do people do this? Were you brought up that badly that you have to show others seated near you that it's acceptable to do this?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by audidudi
Why do people constantly think it's perfectly acceptable to put one's feet on the bulkhead? That's not what it's there for. I wish airlines would put signs there to say "This is not a foot-rest, nor is it a piece of furniture to put you dirty shoes/smelly feet/socks on!" Why do people do this? Were you brought up that badly that you have to show others seated near you that it's acceptable to do this?
It’s a gray area, in my opinion. I put my feet on the bottom of the bulkhead from time to time to stretch out my legs / readjust positions. Many bulkheads simply do not have enough legroom, especially on Delta where there’s often minimal or no cutout for feet, so I’m sympathetic when people adjust their position to try to get comfortable. I think it’s ridiculous (to say the least) when people put their feet on the bulkhead above the height of the seat cushion, but that’s a matter of personal opinion. At the end of the day, if another passenger’s behavior doesn’t affect me, it’s none of my business.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by rucksack

It’s a gray area, in my opinion. I put my feet on the bottom of the bulkhead from time to time to stretch out my legs / readjust positions. Many bulkheads simply do not have enough legroom, especially on Delta where there’s often minimal or no cutout for feet, so I’m sympathetic when people adjust their position to try to get comfortable. I think it’s ridiculous (to say the least) when people put their feet on the bulkhead above the height of the seat cushion, but that’s a matter of personal opinion. At the end of the day, if another passenger’s behavior doesn’t affect me, it’s none of my business.
That’s all I do despite the entertaining rant from the post you quoted. I prefer to stretch on long flights and will continue to do so.
In the meantime I’ll let my mom and dad how poorly they raised me. Lol
Old Jul 24, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I was on the A321neo in 1C the other day. Legroom was terrible. In fact the FA I was chatting with said there's more legroom in the economy bulkhead seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.