Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Interlined Flight, Not Eligible For Mileage Accrual?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich

I remember a long, long time ago I was flying AA and they ended up putting me on a DL ticket to get me to NAS, and I earned miles as if I had booked with DL.

But this Saturday evening, I was IDB'd by AA (it's a Zoo at CLT), and they put me on the next DL flight the next morning (Y Fare), even though that was too late to get me to my MUST ATTEND travel time, which is regrettable, (and not relevant), and I see that both 0 MQMs, RDMs and MQDs posted and I have to admit this surprised me a bit. I expected the RDMs and MQDs, but not the MQMs.

Is this the new norm? Or is this a case where I need to push to get mileage credited.

(I was flying an AA AAnytime Award Ticket, but to Delta, I doubt that mattered.)
Old May 20, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Yes, this is the norm now..

It was to stop double dipping on IROPs when booked on another carrier. They now book you a fare that earns nothing,

Maybe still exceptions, but I think they will get rare.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Shame.

It would have slightly lessened the blow from what was a colossal screwup by AA
Old May 20, 2019, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
I remember a long, long time ago I was flying AA and they ended up putting me on a DL ticket to get me to NAS, and I earned miles as if I had booked with DL.

But this Saturday evening, I was IDB'd by AA (it's a Zoo at CLT), and they put me on the next DL flight the next morning (Y Fare), even though that was too late to get me to my MUST ATTEND travel time, which is regrettable, (and not relevant), and I see that both 0 MQMs, RDMs and MQDs posted and I have to admit this surprised me a bit. I expected the RDMs and MQDs, but not the MQMs.

Is this the new norm? Or is this a case where I need to push to get mileage credited.

(I was flying an AA AAnytime Award Ticket, but to Delta, I doubt that mattered.)
Couldn't you have declared trip in vain and had your AA miles refunded?
Old May 20, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Couldn't you have declared trip in vain and had your AA miles refunded?
Hopefully the cash from the IDB was worth it.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Hopefully the cash from the IDB was worth it.
IDBs don't pay much in contrast to current VDB rates, and airlines tend to pick the passengers for whom the IDB will be cheapest. IIRC DOT rules for award tickets base IDB amounts on the cheapest purchased ticket on the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.