Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Flash Sale

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
Skymiles Flash Sale

Until 11:59 PM 5/16/19, you can purchase ATL-BHM for only 21,000 miles, and ATL-CHA for 16,000 miles. Don't let these get away!!!
jaimemayo and strickerj like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Indeed, the city pairings they have are laughable for this “sale”.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:56 pm

​​​​​​I wondered if I was the only person I found this Sale hysterical. I live in Atlanta, I can almost drive to Chattanooga in less time than I can drive to the Atlanta airport. Why would I waste my miles on this stupid flight
KRUXED and jaimemayo like this.

Last edited by Orange County Commuter; May 16, 2019 at 11:42 am
Old May 15, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Need more 98k D1 to Europe deals.

I was really hoping for something 'good' this month, but may be the lamest yet.

(Ok, can't complain too much as I've gotten some awesome value in the last 18 months or so, but this one really is, um... meh)
SeaHawg, jaimemayo and jdrtravel like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by Dalewood
Until 11:59 PM 5/16/19, you can purchase ATL-BHM for only 21,000 miles, and ATL-CHA for 16,000 miles. Don't let these get away!!!
Maybe it's a Flash Sale because either flight is about 17-20 minutes?
Dalewood and ryw like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I have to assume this was directed at people traveling to the South from elsewhere. Rather than us traveling within the South? I mean because I agree it would be a waste.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I LOL when I saw ATL-SAV for “only” 20,000 miles. That’s only an hour flight!
Old May 16, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
DL had a real chance to give a deal to its ATL hub-captives who are already overcharged.

Instead they reminded us how badly they overcharge us... money or miles.
ethernal likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
.....I can almost drive to Chattanooga in less time than I can drive to the Atlanta airport. ....
You can drive to Chattanooga in nearly less time than you can park at the ATL airport, clear security and get to your gate. Much less drive to the airport.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Limited-time australia & asia deals

Explore Australia & Asia for less when you book Award deals by Thursday, September 19. Whether it’s Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul or beyond, experience a new side of the world in 2020.

Only select routes are featured below, but even more deals are available. Search deals from your city using our Flex Booking Calendar and see where your miles can take you next.

These deals won’t last long – book by 11:59 pm. ET, Thursday, September 19.

The email I received says prices begin at 58,000 round trip. I booked two separate trips for 34,000 miles each round trip in economy. PDX - NRT outbound, HND-LAX-PDX return. These cheap seats appear to only be available through mid-March. Late March through April are more.

LAX-TYO can be had for 30K round trip.

Pretty good deal. Of course you have to travel mid-week to get the best prices.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Sep 18, 2019 at 5:41 pm
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Just booked a 34K PDX-SEA-NRT and return in February. Not sure if I'll actually go, but have been thinking about making a ski trip to Japan this winter and have a free week. At 34K miles its a pretty good use of miles.
entel likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by noah
Just booked a 34K PDX-SEA-NRT and return in February. Not sure if I'll actually go, but have been thinking about making a ski trip to Japan this winter and have a free week. At 34K miles its a pretty good use of miles.
I fly SEA to ICN regularly and have been meaning to stop over in Japan to ski as well - sounds like you scored an awesome deal...
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by noah
For winter sports in Japan, doesn't one usually fly to Sapporo (spelling?) and go to the resorts from there? It's on a different island.

BTW, I would love to see monkeys in the wild using hot springs in the snow. To me, this is one of the iconic wildlife pictures.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For winter sports in Japan, doesn't one usually fly to Sapporo (spelling?) and go to the resorts from there? It's on a different island.

BTW, I would love to see monkeys in the wild using hot springs in the snow. To me, this is one of the iconic wildlife pictures.
Hokkaido is the ski destination and you need to fly into CTS (Sapporo) to get to the Japanese Alps... That's what I want to plan for but I'm sure you don't get the crazy deal noah got to get to Japan to that airport - he probably could get a low cost flight from NRT to CTS and possibly check out Tokyo for a few days while he's at it. Looks like you can find NRT to CTS roundtrip in Feb for under $200 - so it's still a great deal...
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
True, but I've heard that the flights to Sapporo can be full at certain times of the year, which I assume would include ski season as well as domestic holiday periods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.