Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D1 Purchase Waitlist

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well right now there's one first class seat on AA's 3:15pm, and one business class seat on UA's 4:30pm into EWR.
Looks like the AA first class is actually slightly cheaper than UA's business, but both are ~$3k o/w...

I know C+ isn't the end of the world, but it's still coach and a huge difference from business/first on this route.
Thank you SO much! These were not available when I was booking yesterday. Just changed my flight to UA!

I love FT!

Originally Posted by tennessetom
Sfo to nyc Thursday night is a tough route. I always book two one ways rather than round trip to maximize my flexibility.
Yes booking two one ways is clutch. I'm still in D1 on the outbound.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jbeans
My first time learning about this wait list too. I imagine it's like standby, and hopefully it's prioritized over other types of upgrades. The travel agent says he cannot see how many ppl are in front of me, and he'll "let me know" if anything opens up. There's nothing on the website or in my app that indicates I'm on this wait list other than the free upgrade I requested (which of course will never clear).
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I bet this is not a list that Delta maintains but rather your travel agent using some type of software that watches for inventory to become available and then alerts them to purchase it (or automatically does so?).
Delta maintains the waitlists for revenue tickets and these clear before opening up upgrade inventory. The waitlisted flight is in the PNR, but is probably not coded to appear on the web/app. When/if inventory management opens up additional J inventory, the waitlist will be processed according to priority determined by DL. DL will then send a message to the travel agent if waitlist is confirmed. Practically speaking, one would need to purchase the J ticket to wait this out at the gate, since ticketing would need to be finalized before boarding closes. If you ended up sitting in Y, you could probably get a refund of the difference (in full fares).

Originally Posted by jbeans
Thank you SO much! These were not available when I was booking yesterday. Just changed my flight to UA!

I love FT!

Yes booking two one ways is clutch. I'm still in D1 on the outbound.
Consider keeping the waitlist for the DL flight as well. Might open up closer to flight time and you can change.
jdrtravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.