Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Thank you for being a Plat Medallion...But I'm Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat

On my last two flights the FA thanked me when taking my food order for being a Plat Medallion. The first time I thought it was a mistake, the 2nd time I said I'm just a lowly silver and he said the paperwork showed me as a plat.

Anyone else being thanked for being more than what they are?
Old May 14, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
not even being thanked for actually being a PM
Old May 14, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by gitismatt
not even being thanked for actually being a PM
haha, same! a few weeks back the fa thanked the person sitting next to me for being silver and said nothing to me (pm)
Old May 15, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by runningformqm
haha, same! a few weeks back the fa thanked the person sitting next to me for being silver and said nothing to me (pm)
They must have upped their thanking Silver game.

I was on a flight the other day and the FA was making quite the effort to thank all the Silvers in main cabin during boarding.

The young lady was obviously following instructions on her tablet and jumping all over the place. At first I assumed it was whoever was convenient because of boarding but they way she was doing it made it clear she was doing it one at a time almost as if she was checking off a list as she went.

She thanked at least a half dozen Silver but nary a word to this gm (or anyone but silver, maybe I was the only non Silver medallion in main). Not that I really care mind you, it seemed insincere and she must have felt awkward doing it, or it just came across that way, and I don't blame her. I just found it odd, if you go through all that trouble why not thank all medallions?
Old May 15, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
This isnt directed at you-Meaningless thank you as a form of "customer recognition" derived from a memo sent to employees telling them to thank us for our loyalty to make us feel special is just that to me, completely and totally meaningless. If you go to a strip club and think the strippers like you, you probably really enjoy this. How about no thank yous and a better FF program and better, more consistent onboard service? Nah, thats asking too much.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:22 am
Formerly known as scootr29

This must be a new directive from Delta management. I appreciate the recognition but I do need a hand shake from the FA before I get my coke and cheezit. This was yesterday on a flight from DTW to GSP.
freQ likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:58 am

Hey at least you have some status with DELTA, I fly DELTA somewhat regularly but credit 100% of my miles to FlyingBlue and each survey I get thanks me for being a Millon Milers and I have never not once credited a single mile to the SkyMiles program.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

The FA (ALDO) who was awesome by the way thanked all the Medallion members as he was taking orders. I just hope my Plat benefits show up on Delta.com soon. lol
Old May 15, 2019, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by DLATL777
This isnt directed at you-Meaningless thank you as a form of "customer recognition" derived from a memo sent to employees telling them to thank us for our loyalty to make us feel special is just that to me, completely and totally meaningless. If you go to a strip club and think the strippers like you, you probably really enjoy this. How about no thank yous and a better FF program and better, more consistent onboard service? Nah, thats asking too much.
I would be a lot more happy if DL had strippers thanking me for my medallion status on flights but I doubt that will ever happen....
DLATL777 likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincentharris
I would be a lot more happy if DL had strippers thanking me for my medallion status on flights but I doubt that will ever happen....
Hooters Air went bankrupt.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat
i was finally thanked for my loyalty to dl but it was on a intra europe klm flight 😜 also, received an op-up, which also makes my number of upgrades on klm (1) higher than on dl (that almost is true 😪 )
Old May 17, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
I'm on LHR-ATL

And the FA thanked the FO next me. I always feel a little awkward when they thank me for being PM, so it was no big deal that I was skipped.

It does make me wonder how the process works. Does a CRM system push a message to the app telling them who to thank or do they go down the list of passengers? I downgraded the C+ upgrade back to the main cabin because I wanted an aisle seat. Perhaps I hurt the computer's feelings (hahaha)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.