Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPAC itinerary buy-up offers

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by Eddie98
I have traveled to Asia about 5 times in the past 6 months and never got an offer.
I travel to Asia like twice a month for years and I have never seen it. Company only pay for economy, but I am willing to pay a bit, within reason, with my own money but never seen the opportunity either. Email is working as DL constantly email me about every little thing...

It's also funny that lately I've gotten emails for TPAC flight that is delayed departure by like a few minutes...and I am on the plane, offer me to rebook, which is just silly...
Old May 2, 2019, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Yes, but I think the OP is referring to cases where the PS fare at booking is 2x the main cabin fare, but it offers a "special" buy up for $299 one way or something.

The F offers you're talking about are always around the fare difference, and aren't usually anything special. If they program the same for transpac, it would be more readily available and likely increase prices.

I think the OP is talking about $299 PS buy ups and $699 Delta One buy ups that are only when it works in Delta's (anticipated) favor.
You are almost right. I have seen $399/$899 one-way buy-up offers on MSP route, and I assumed that was simply the fare difference from coach without any discount.
But still, I would love to see future buy-up options shown after initial booking, even only priced with fare class difference. Like some of you in this thread said, I am willing to pay a few more for more comfort, if the price is reasonable.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Thanks dl and jd.

I had no idea the DL PS fares were that cheap. Even at the easily found $1200 or so, that plus 90K miles is a good price. Plus, I could survive PS on the return (eastbbond) if I had to.
I bought round trip SAN-LAX-PVG for $480, a FCM offer to PS on PVG-LAX immediately showed up as $199. So I took it and applied 45k miles, it cleared right away. I'm pretty surprised since this flight is in Nov.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hjz131
I bought round trip SAN-LAX-PVG for $480, a FCM offer to PS on PVG-LAX immediately showed up as $199. So I took it and applied 45k miles, it cleared right away. I'm pretty surprised since this flight is in Nov.
If you look at the fare filings for LAX-PVG, there are a bunch of discount fares for PS that you don't see for other PS routes. I suspect they are having trouble filling these seats and are letting them go pretty cheap. The discount fare filings are similar to C+ fares in that they use a coach basis code, but map into a PAG booking class (which seems to be causing people problems with getting proper credit for them). Here is the cheapest RT PS fare for LAX-PVG vs. DTW-PVG. The LAX-PVG fare starts with a U, but books into G.

ULXE5NPL $720
GLXGXNPD $1630
Unionruler likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 3, 2019 at 8:23 pm
Old May 3, 2019, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hsnu84053
You are almost right. I have seen $399/$899 one-way buy-up offers on MSP route, and I assumed that was simply the fare difference from coach without any discount.
But still, I would love to see future buy-up options shown after initial booking, even only priced with fare class difference. Like some of you in this thread said, I am willing to pay a few more for more comfort, if the price is reasonable.
For a while this fall/winter, DL was offering a great PS RT fare (class G) on the MSP-HND route, shortly after the PS cabin was introduced. The actual base fare was $1250 which IIRC with taxes and fees meant a ticket price of about $1600 RT, which at times was cheaper than any coach fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.