Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have problems flying in the future?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I have problems flying in the future?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
This is out of my area of expertise, but aren't the cancelation rules different if purchasing an EU-US-EU ticket as opposed to a US-EU-US ticket? I seem to remember this happening to somebody else a while back...
The DOT regulation requiring a 24 hour window for cancellation only applies to flights that originate in the US, and DL used to apply it in this way. The regulation also does not apply to tickets purchased less than 7 days before departure. However, as FlyerCO said, for a long time now, DL has offered the 24 hour cancellation period on all tickets sold by Delta regardless of origin and up to the time of departure.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL AFAIK went to one set rule for all DL issued tickets awhile back. I think the only thing origin matters for anymore is if can prpcess refund online.
This is exactly my experience.
DL now applies Risk-Free to tickets purchased on DL.com regardless of origin, but you have to call in for tix originating non-US and non-a few other places (listed in the T&C)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.