Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Temporary halt of movement at SEA 4/25/19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

All movement (as in passenger traffic) in the A gates at SEA was halted today for about 10 minutes. Anyone know any details?

We were not allowed past A1 going to A3. TSA and Sea Tac police were very vague as to the reason why... frustrating both passengers and DL employees.

Twitter was fast to protect us on a later connection, but was not needed as movement resumed shortly thereafter.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the TSA checkpoint exit is near A3/A4; passengers access the train to/from the South Satellite by escalators near A6
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: DL PM / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
All movement (as in passenger traffic) in the A gates at SEA was halted today for about 10 minutes. Anyone know any details?
We were not allowed past A1 going to A3. TSA and Sea Tac police were very vague as to the reason why... frustrating both passengers and DL employees.
Sorry about that. I was late for my flight and asked them to make sure there were no crowds.

My bad.

David
ajggiant, wrp96, kop84 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by dgilman
Sorry about that. I was late for my flight and asked them to make sure there were no crowds.

My bad.

David
that sort of humblebrag belongs in the DYKWIA thread
kop84 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:26 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
My guess is that TSA/police thought there was some suspicious item at security checkpoint 2, or maybe thought someone got through the checkpoint without going through a scanner, and held people off from going nearby until they sorted it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.