Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Approaching 5 Million - No Expectations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond WN A List

I'm closing in on 5 million program miles. Started in April 1990, should hit the big number in June.
I don't have any expectations and really don't care, although I've noticed that Sky Club employees comment on it when I check in. Anybody here ever had a mileage threshold pointed out on a flight by the crew? I'm just curious. I know the real world of recognition isn't like George Clooney's character in "Up in the Air"

Safe travels all!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:10 pm

All from TPA since 1990?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond WN A List
1990 to 2008 was TYS
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I hope they recognize this in some way. 5,000,000 miles translates to roughly 10,000 hours (~1.2 years) in the air, all with a single program. A smart company would recognize that type of loyalty.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TPAtoAnywhere

I'm closing in on 5 million program miles. Started in April 1990, should hit the big number in June.
I don't have any expectations and really don't care, although I've noticed that Sky Club employees comment on it when I check in. Anybody here ever had a mileage threshold pointed out on a flight by the crew? I'm just curious. I know the real world of recognition isn't like George Clooney's character in "Up in the Air"

Safe travels all!
Pretty cool!
QDDawg likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a DL FT'er at 7mm (although they haven't post in awhile) -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28319281-post1304.html
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
I was on a flight to Munich earlier this month and a FA did thank & congratulate me on my 2M miles - it was a nice gesture. Early congrats on your 5M.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
There's a DL FT'er at 7mm (although they haven't post in awhile) -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28319281-post1304.html
I've met someone from FT a couple times who had over 6MM on DL.

Does anyone remember whether the brag stats that DL sent out at the end of 2018 had a category for the highest MM status?
QDDawg likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Somebody made Diamond on a JFK-DTW flight I was on the other day and was congratulated. No comment about him having his feet 90% of the way up the bulkhead, however...
emrdoc and manually like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I had the MSP staff come on board and give me a gift at 4MM a few years ago. Nice gesture. The flight crew all signed a card for me, and I also have recently received recognition from both flight crews and Sky Club. I really hope I do not make 5MM. I am at 4.3MM now with 3.5 years left and only fly domestic.

Congratulation in advance on 5MM
QDDawg likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
Every once in a while, a flight crew member will thank me for the miles I've flown. It's happened 3 or 4 times so far this year. Like TPAtoAnywhere, I do get comments from the SkyClub crew most of the time.

If I recall correctly, Delta's highest mileage flyer is out of NYC, does JFK-ZRH almost weekly. I can't remember just how many miles he has, but it's a heck of a lot more than I ever want. If you talk to the NYC crews who fly that route, they all know him by name ... heck, I'm told he even gets the same seat every time!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:41 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Pretty sad the other airlines give top status to lifetime members, but dl doesnt
itravelalot likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:47 am

spare some if you don`t care lol
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can always tell the FAs that this is your milestone flight.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Pretty sad the other airlines give top status to lifetime members, but dl doesnt
UA even gives Global Services for 4MM. Almost feel like that's a bit too generous and will eventually be walked back (either through devaluation / elimination of Global Services or removal of it as a benefit for hitting 4MM with others getting grandfathered in) as it is too "easy" to hit 4MM. Then again, Global Services is pretty easy to make too (relative to 360) so who knows.

I do agree that it seems cheap that Delta doesn't give Diamond status to 4-5MM. Get rid of the "Choice" benefits if they need to. Either the person continues to fly a lot (and would likely have DM status anyways), or they retire and they aren't using their service benefits much anyways.
ExArkie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.