Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Email: Upgrade Now And Get A Bonus Gift Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi FTers!

i received an email from Delta today asking me to upgrade my PDX>MSP flight into C+ and I’d receive a $30 gift card.

I went to look at the flight and how much the upgrade would be literally 5 minutes after receiving the email. The C+ and First upgrades were no longer available.

Has anyone else seen this email and/or had this issue?

thanks!

Last edited by MLayton; Apr 13, 2019 at 8:06 pm
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So? Are you saying that the C+ "upgrade" was unavailable when you looked? Alternatively, what was the price (compared to the $30 gift card)? And was it a DL gift card or could you pick AmEx etc.?

Can we assume that you don't have status, so that there was no chance of a free elite "upgrade" to C+?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So? Are you saying that the C+ "upgrade" was unavailable when you looked? Alternatively, what was the price (compared to the $30 gift card)? And was it a DL gift card or could you pick AmEx etc.?

Can we assume that you don't have status, so that there was no chance of a free elite "upgrade" to C+?
whoops, fixed my above post. C+ and first upgrades were not available.

Im currently silver so rarely see upgrades, but I’m almost gold and should earn platinum this year!

anyways, just thought that the email itself was strange in the first place. Second, strange that I checked upgrade availability just after receiving the email and it wasn’t available.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is FCM stooping so low that we are using bribery and marketing tricks to fool people to buy F?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Is FCM stooping so low that we are using bribery and marketing tricks to fool people to buy F?
Marketing gimmicks and "givebacks" have been common since the dawn of commerce. It is a recorded historical fact that the very first person to sell beer offered two-for-ones when his cave was mostly empty. And the first hooker offered ....

What do you think a frequent flyer program is to begin with ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.