Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Erroneous APP Notifications

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Erroneous APP Notifications

I've been getting hourly APP (Android) notifications since 1 AM EDT that my boarding pass is now available for my flight to New Orleans, THere's no mention of a flight number. Also got a one time message at the beginning of this hourly repetition with a notification of Taxi pick ups and a flight number. The flight isn't scheduled until May.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I get notifications for my husband sometimes. I’m logged in as me, but I have once or twice logged in as him. Bugs?!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by curl
I get notifications for my husband sometimes. I’m logged in as me, but I have once or twice logged in as him. Bugs?!
Did you purchase or pull up his reservation while logged in as you? If so it'll add his reservation on the app to your list of bookings so you can manage/view it.

When you login as him on same device it stores his bookings. Just like it stores them when only one person use the app. What I'm not sure of is does it only do that if he's the last one to login in, or does it regardless of who logged in last.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you purchase or pull up his reservation while logged in as you? If so it'll add his reservation on the app to your list of bookings so you can manage/view it.

When you login as him on same device it stores his bookings. Just like it stores them when only one person use the app. What I'm not sure of is does it only do that if he's the last one to login in, or does it regardless of who logged in last.
This! First time it happened to me I didn't know what was going on but figured out what the app was doing quickly.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL
I’m having this happen too, but I believe with cancelled tickets. I cancelled an LAX-PVG flight and it added notifications to my “feed” tab that my boarding pass was now ready the day before the (cancelled) flight departed.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
I’m having this happen too, but I believe with cancelled tickets. I cancelled an LAX-PVG flight and it added notifications to my “feed” tab that my boarding pass was now ready the day before the (cancelled) flight departed.
Yep, I've seen "ghost notifications" for flights I've canceled.

And yes, I often do bookings for my husband so I guess that's why I end up seeing this stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.