Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-SEA award possible for 5000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Thanks.....confused...an answer above suggests you can't get anywhere with 5000 miles ? !
The comment may be an attempt at humor, since most tickets cost a LOT of SkyPesos. But, as mentioned in the other (correct) comment, there are one way awards available for as low as 5,000 miles.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Last year I booked a RT DCA-LGA-MCO, MCO-DTW-DCA for 11,000 miles... So if OP manages to get 500 more miles then could possibly get somewhere.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WalletVoter
I believe it is. I often buy it by the bottle, though, at 12,500. Not a bad deal.

Although once a bartender told me very directly to order glasses instead since i'd get more Dom for the mile that way.
This has been my experience as well. The spectacle of the full bottle is fun, but by the glass is a better deal (plus doesn’t obligate you to finish the bottle).
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I wouldn't bother with the 5000 miles.. Even during a flash sale, the tax and fees on the short flights (that 5000 might have a chance), is nearly like pay for the full ticket on Southwest..
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by wlau
I wouldn't bother with the 5000 miles.. Even during a flash sale, the tax and fees on the short flights (that 5000 might have a chance), is nearly like pay for the full ticket on Southwest..
where are you flying on WN for $5.60?
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wlau
The only taxes and fees on a domestic award ticket is the $5.60 TSA tax. Pretty sure you can't buy a WN ticket for that (where you will also be charged the TSA tax among other taxes and fees).
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.