Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Flight operated by VS Purchased Upgrade no MQMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Flight operated by VS Purchased Upgrade no MQMs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL PM
Similar experience with VA, I flew on Delta marketed flight from LHR to JFK on premium select (G fare). At airport, reticketed due to flight departure time change. Did not receive MQMs, Miles, etc. Took 5 months. Email was always helpful, "we will get you the miles." Platinum line also agreed should get miles, but never happened. Finally, reached out to DL on twitter and they connected me with SkyMiles desk (via email). They said I had been upgraded for free! Finally, after back and forth and explaining and enclosing receipt showing G fare, they got it.

So keep at it.
Jewel21 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
As I stated, it was re-coded as a VS flight, and thus was no longer DL-coded. My meaning is that the G fare class likely came from the original DL coded booking.
No. G comes from the fact that VS coded flights use G as the fare class for awards. It's equal to DL O fare class. The fare class from the DL code doesn't carry over. Ie if you book a DL codeshare in Y and upgrade, it doesn't get changed to VS Y, rather VS G. The DL flight number and associated fare class go away. Thus SM must research and pull up the original ticket to see what was actually paid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.