Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Only 4 left at this price - phantom partner award availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 4 left at this price - phantom partner award availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:11 am

Oops sorry for not replying to this earlier -- I was only trying to get 1 pax. Still having this issue and haven't figured it out yet, tabled it to try again later since the flight isn't until Sept. EF gave me a phantom alert as well!!

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Have you tried ticketing 3, 2, or 1 award for that itinerary? I can understand the value of having the entire party travel together - but this might be helpful as a diagnostic.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am having the same issue with KQ award availability. EF shows award space, but Delta cannot seem to find availability. Is there a more competent or knowledgeable desk to reach out to instead of just reservations?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I am having the same issue with KQ award availability. EF shows award space, but Delta cannot seem to find availability. Is there a more competent or knowledgeable desk to reach out to instead of just reservations?
Global Ticketing Support (GTS). You can ask to be transferred to them. They prefer to have something to work with, though, so if you can ticket any of it, then call them and say you want to "change" it once you found out you have to do Kenya Airways by phone only, that would definitely work best...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:39 pm

You are looking at an inventory number displayed at DL that is controlled by NZ. In the very old days, airlines had different connections to other airlines. Some kept up with the exact number available and some only showed open or closed. The availability number of '4' and '9' was often used as the number to be shown available to sell for flights which were not closed out.

Can't say what is happening here but in the end, once inventory is confirmed with the actual carrier, it can be different than the status that was in use by the selling carrier. While overbooking paid travel was usually OK in these scenarios, overbooking free travel was not necessarily OK and could be rejected.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Global Ticketing Support (GTS). You can ask to be transferred to them. They prefer to have something to work with, though, so if you can ticket any of it, then call them and say you want to "change" it once you found out you have to do Kenya Airways by phone only, that would definitely work best...
Thanks! That's really helpful!! I am also trying to ticket a China Airlines and Virgin Australia ticket using SkyMiles. Is that permitted? DRW-BNE-TPE-PVG. delta.com bugs out when I try to do both together (although each airline's flights show up for awards on delta.com without issue). I am wondering if there is a problem when ticketing them together using miles. Has anyone done that before?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Maybe report them to your state consumer protection agency? Be sure to have documentation of the offer and the fact that phone agents won’t honor it.

Maybe report it to Georgia agency as well. If enough consumers complain about it (especially to GA) then DL might have to fix it.

It seems like the basic complaint would be DL knows about the problem but continues to offer tickets to the public at prices they don’t intend to honor.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks! That's really helpful!! I am also trying to ticket a China Airlines and Virgin Australia ticket using SkyMiles. Is that permitted? DRW-BNE-TPE-PVG. delta.com bugs out when I try to do both together (although each airline's flights show up for awards on delta.com without issue). I am wondering if there is a problem when ticketing them together using miles. Has anyone done that before?
You can book up to 8 different airlines on a single RT award, up to 4 different airlines on a one-way award.

China Airlines DL blocks from booking online most connections at TPE. You need to call in and walk the phone agents through how to do it, as they need to click on more options, direct access, and do a few other things, and also ignore the wrong additive pricing that the system spits out (any agent who knows what they're doing should know the real cost) and go on to ticket it,w hen it should price properly. It's just a series of "bugs" (yeah right, for sure there intentionally) put in place to block CI/TPE connections.

For this you'll need to call. If the agent is clueless, ask to be transferred to Global Ticketing Support, and may be you'll have better luck there. Make sure that they are going to more options and direct access, and specify TPE connection and CI as the airline. They can either find it so origin to destination, or they can also possibly do it flight-by-flight (some agents know how).
SkyTeam777 and italdesign like this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RealHJ
You can book up to 8 different airlines on a single RT award, up to 4 different airlines on a one-way award.

China Airlines DL blocks from booking online most connections at TPE. You need to call in and walk the phone agents through how to do it, as they need to click on more options, direct access, and do a few other things, and also ignore the wrong additive pricing that the system spits out (any agent who knows what they're doing should know the real cost) and go on to ticket it,w hen it should price properly. It's just a series of "bugs" (yeah right, for sure there intentionally) put in place to block CI/TPE connections.

For this you'll need to call. If the agent is clueless, ask to be transferred to Global Ticketing Support, and may be you'll have better luck there. Make sure that they are going to more options and direct access, and specify TPE connection and CI as the airline. They can either find it so origin to destination, or they can also possibly do it flight-by-flight (some agents know how).
It charged me 115k on delta.com when it should be 75k in business. Darwin-Brisbane-Taipei-Shanghai I wonder if phone agents will know how to adjust it instead of it being additive. Will suggest your method!!
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nevermind was not paying attention to route.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
The phantom availability bit me a few months ago - wasted hours contemplating before realizing it couldn't be booked.

Today, found rare TATL availability with the dreaded "only 4 left at this price" notation. Thought probably phantom again, though TATL segment was DL One. Went through with booking, it seems to have ticketed. Booking shows ticket #, and miles have been deducted, although my CC hasn't been charged. Fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.