Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta sometimes runs out of Woodford Reserve in Delta Comfort+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Greetings!

I was on a flight from DTW to SAN last week in Comfort+ and ordered Woodford Reserve. FA told me that they were "out of Woodford" during the first beverage service about 30 minutes after wheels up. Delta customer service emailed me and said that Woodford "may not be available to Comfort+". Anyone had this experience before? Is DL now ending Woodford to Comfort+ passengers and only offering in F?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ct2573
Greetings!

I was on a flight from DTW to SAN last week in Comfort+ and ordered Woodford Reserve. FA told me that they were "out of Woodford" during the first beverage service about 30 minutes after wheels up. Delta customer service emailed me and said that Woodford "may not be available to Comfort+". Anyone had this experience before? Is DL now ending Woodford to Comfort+ passengers and only offering in F?
C+ is served by the F FA. Thus the Woodford can run out before getting to C+.

Last edited by ryandc99; Mar 22, 2019 at 11:48 am Reason: Title of thread updated. Removed comment about title.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Wouldn't they be able to go to the back and get it? If DL really wants to market C+ as an "upgraded" cabin to coach, then why would they have Woodford available in coach and not in C+?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ct2573
Wouldn't they be able to go to the back and get it? If DL really wants to market C+ as an "upgraded" cabin to coach, then why would they have Woodford available in coach and not in C+?
They run out in F and have to get it from Y numerous times. F still gets it first.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I rarely see them run out in F, but I can also say if the FA serving C+ knows several people in F are drinking a specific drink, they may keep a few refills on standby for those passengers and tell C+ they are out. I'm assuming they would rather say they ran out to someone in C+ rather than in F.
kochleffel likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:32 pm

Based on my experience, it is the result of catering haphazardly filling the carts. I have been on many flights where they run out of certain beverages (wine, tonic, woodford, etc). F is prioritized first, then C+ then Y. A couple of times in C+, FA's have mentioned to me, hey if you think you might want a second, I will give it to you now, since we will probably run out before we get to the back of the plane.
kochleffel likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I rarely see them run out in F, but I can also say if the FA serving C+ knows several people in F are drinking a specific drink, they may keep a few refills on standby for those passengers and tell C+ they are out. I'm assuming they would rather say they ran out to someone in C+ rather than in F.
And this would be smart. I've never not gotten my 2 bottles in C+ when I ask for a double.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, WN A+/CP, HH Diamond
I’ve asked for a double in c+ and get it but then they always seem to run out. I figured they were just cutting me off ;-) but it’s good to hear others deal with this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
This happens a lot on flights that are double-catered, and where the first FA breaks into the second flight’s “allotment” of Woodford to serve those who want it in F/C+.

ive been on both sides of this: having FAs take Woodford from the next flight for me, and being told there’s none left because it was taken by the previous flight.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
C+ is served by the F FA. Thus the Woodford can run out before getting to C+.
What? Even if this were true (which it's not, in the general case), C+ is usually served before F anyway, at least on narrowbody flights where carts are stored in the front galley.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Originally Posted by JTE458
And this would be smart. I've never not gotten my 2 bottles in C+ when I ask for a double.
Last two flights I have done in C+ I have asked for double and received it on both flights.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by VXforever

This happens a lot on flights that are double-catered, and where the first FA breaks into the second flight’s “allotment” of Woodford to serve those who want it in F/C+.

ive been on both sides of this: having FAs take Woodford from the next flight for me, and being told there’s none left because it was taken by the previous flight.
I have seen this on flights where they don’t have catering at the destination. Particularly Caribbean destinations. FA normally says the outbound passengers drank them dry.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
What? Even if this were true (which it's not, in the general case), C+ is usually served before F anyway, at least on narrowbody flights where carts are stored in the front galley.
i don’t think this is accurate, although maybe I’m oblivious as to what goes on behind me
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
The few times I've been in C+ instead of F, the F FA served C+, and did so once they did F.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
this happened to me when I flew to HKG. got the first beverage service and that was it. for the entire flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.