Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is DL card payment required for free checked bag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

I booked a DL award through Air France using Flying Blue miles, but didn't have my Delta Amex on hand to pay the fees. Is it really now a requirement that the card must be used to book the flight in order to get the free checked bag...not sure that it used to be? If so, any ideas for a workaround (the payment has already cleared)? TIA.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:41 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
If you are going international, a bag is included regardless. If you link your Skymiles number to the reservation, you should receive the free bag and zone 1 boarding.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:56 pm

Not necessary. Your DL profile should indicate that you and up to 9 passengers on the same PNR are entitled to one free checked bag each.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
The free bags from a credit card are linked to your Skymiles account, not the method of payment. But since you booked using FlyingBlue miles, I'm not sure Delta will change your reservation to reflect your Skymiles account.
Widgets likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.