Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AS AS KL F/J ticket: DL SC Access in SEA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS AS KL F/J ticket: DL SC Access in SEA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Question AS AS KL F/J ticket: DL SC Access in SEA?

Quick query since the AMEX CL in SEA is closed this week, what would the Concierge's reaction in SEA be to the following?

AS ANC-SEA A class (F)
AS SEA-MSP A class (F)
KL MSP-AMS O class (J)

I know I'll have access in MSP, but not sure that DL will look too kindly upon me trying to use the DL SC in SEA. I do have access to the AS AL's, but with nearly 4 hours in SEA, I'd like to wander a bit.

Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Sadly, not by the SkyTeam rules:

SkyTeam Elite Plus

Regardless of their travel class, SkyTeam Elite Plus members1 traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight2 operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Simply present your boarding passes and a valid Elite Plus membership card for the lounge agent to validate for admission.

In practice, I would personally try it, though - present your KLM boarding pass that says SkyTeam Elite Plus amd I think you have a 50/50 shot of getting in.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
(Rules are the same for paid F/J as well, I believe, if that’s what applies in your situation.)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I've learned that if there is a lounge that you think you might be admitted to, go there and ask the concierge. The worst he or she can say is no. I've gotten into lounges in airports like WAW, BUD and NCL just by politely asking and presenting my ticket and SkyTeam Elite+ (that is, DM or PM) card.
BenA likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I was able to check in at KLM.US redirecting to DELTA.COM so I do have BP's for all pax. Thanks- will probably go over and try this out.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You have a same day KLM J class flight. Thus you're entitled at any airport you fly through Skyclub.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You have a same day KLM J class flight. Thus you're entitled at any airport you fly through Skyclub.
According to the rules quoted above, this would be true if SEA-MSP were on a DL rather than AS operated flight.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Always worth a try. I was flying DCA-JFK on an award ticket connecting to a paid MU business class ticket JFK-PVG-TPE. The lounge agent at DCA initially said no, then saw I was Diamond 2MM and let me in. Probably outside the rules, but....
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mot29
Always worth a try. I was flying DCA-JFK on an award ticket connecting to a paid MU business class ticket JFK-PVG-TPE. The lounge agent at DCA initially said no, then saw I was Diamond 2MM and let me in. Probably outside the rules, but....
If DCA-JFK was on the same ticket and on a DL flight, you were entitled to SC access at DCA due to the international business class ticket on MU, which is a SkyTeam member.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If DCA-JFK was on the same ticket and on a DL flight, you were entitled to SC access at DCA due to the international business class ticket on MU, which is a SkyTeam member.
Different tickets, the DCA agent was being nice!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Even airports you are not traveling through on that ticket? I'd be very surprised if this were true.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

4 Pax admitted with no issue. First greeter with handheld had an error, went to desk where they scanned all 4 bp's. Having paper copies helped I think. ^
BenA likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

This is a neat feature ^
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:29 am

you mean the moving cart?
couple years ago they had chilled prosecco on these when the premium drink promotion was on. That was at LAX IIRC
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
The rules are relatively flexible I've found. I've flown on DL ATL-JFK, one ticket, then MU JFK-PVG on a separate ticket. The MU flights are usually around 1am the next day. I've had the SkyClubs in ATL and JFK grant me access even though it's not technically same day.

Worst case they say no, but if you ask politely you've got a chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.