Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maggot in Salad ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Looking at the video, I do not believe that to be a maggot but some other bug. That bug appears to be crawling whereas maggots slither. That said Delta should have given $100 not $50 in compensation.
Unlike the normal flyertalk pickiness I'd say its an important distinction. I'd be upset about a bug in my food, but I'd be absolutely mortified at a maggot in my food.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:34 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
That does appear to be a maggot based on the movement and body contractions though.
Heyy, who you callin' a maggot, buddy?!?!?

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
If it had been a roach...
Who you callin' a cockroach, dude?!?!?

Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I actually think it looks like a baby catipillar
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
That doesn't look maggoty to me. Just some bug. I'd have grabbed my compensation and probably finished the salad.
trooper likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Frogbone
I'm surprised this hasn't been covered yet ....

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea..../delta-maggot/
That's hard to swallow
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So gross
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
So gross
If you think so you had REALLY better refrain from eating anything you have not prepared from fresh raw materials yourself. A previous poster linked to the FDA's acceptable contamination levels.... fascinating reading. Of course food quality is generally MUCH better today than at any other time in history....at least now contaminants are almost always accidental (bugs etc falling into preparation vats , commercial kneading bowls and so on) rather than the purposeful adulteration (with cheaper and sometimes dangerous ingredients) that was endemic in earlier times....
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I thought salads where supposed to be healthy... oh well a little extra protein never hurts
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Was it a maggot salad?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL should have charged extra for the optional protein which was added to the salad course.

BTW, is a maggot part of a paleo diet?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL should have charged extra for the optional protein which was added to the salad course.

BTW, is a maggot part of a paleo diet?
I'm sure Paleolithic humanity ate maggots, so I think it is paleo. As a bonus, the maggot is keto friendly, thus it is consistent with multiple diet types.

The rule-of-thumb I learned in survival was 6 or fewer limbs means it is edible. So snakes on the plane--no problem, edible. Spiders on the plane--no thanks, not edible.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Could be worse...

Doctors remove 50 maggots from man’s nose

https://www.foxnews.com/health/docto...from-mans-nose

And it gets even worse:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...egs/441064002/

Last edited by Bonehead; Mar 13, 2019 at 9:02 am
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by trooper
If you think so you had REALLY better refrain from eating anything you have not prepared from fresh raw materials yourself. A previous poster linked to the FDA's acceptable contamination levels.... fascinating reading. Of course food quality is generally MUCH better today than at any other time in history....at least now contaminants are almost always accidental (bugs etc falling into preparation vats , commercial kneading bowls and so on) rather than the purposeful adulteration (with cheaper and sometimes dangerous ingredients) that was endemic in earlier times....
It can still be gross to someone and within the FDA acceptable levels.
Personally I would be put off by the whole ordeal but wouldn't be that big of a deal at the end of the day. $50 compensation would be fine in my book.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Bonehead
The issue is that they were not medical professionals and were not using medical maggots: https://www.monarchlabs.com/mdt
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
The issue is that they were not medical professionals and were not using medical maggots: https://www.monarchlabs.com/mdt
I had no idea...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.