Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lounge access with domestic first class ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with domestic first class ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Thanks all for the info! I'll report back on my travels in about a month. As of now, my thoughts are we'll have access in SEA and ATL, but also realize things could be different. At least we have priority pass as a back up. Cheers!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by correction
I'm going to try anyway. I'm pretty charming.
It's not gonna work. Agents have heard it all. And they deal with this BS all day long. Who do you think you are?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
MODS: can we please close this thread? We do not need yet another "lounge access on Domestic First" thread. The answer is conclusively no. In fact, I might go so far as to suggest making a sticky at the top of the forum that says "Domestic F is not entitled to lounge access, unless flying domestic D1" or something similar.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:20 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I don't blame the people that think first class includes lounge access in that it's something that seems like one would get being "first class." Especially since the fare is so much more often. Alas, it's not and of course all confusing....
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Here is a question: why doesn't Delta give Skyclub access to paid Domestic First Class tickets, like Alaska & Hawaiian? Also, why did they stop selling day passes?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
From the DL Site, doesn't exclude Mexican beach destinations.
OT, but what happened to Australia?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:06 pm

I always found it interesting Canada gets access, but not the Caribbean. I then pondered if Delta thinks customers traveling to beach destinations, would be more casually dressed in flip flops and tank tops and as such doesn't want to diminish the image of the Skyclub (they'd be 70% right based on my observances). Kind of a easy cop out though, how hard is it to simply verbally enforce clothing restrictions upon requesting entry to the club.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO the rationalization might be that the beach routes are low yield, so it's harder to justify perks. Moreover, having SC access on these routes is unlikely to encourage corporate travel contracts. There might not be much competition from airlines that DL views as its competitors (i.e., routings that require segments on local carriers wouldn't count) and DL might view ATL connections as being more desirable than MIA, while still taking the view that most passengers will decide based on price, even for paid FC on such routes.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Never heard back from the OP. Did your charm work?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:37 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
LOL I"m usually in shorts and flip flops (partly cuz flights have been so hot recently!) and cuz this Minnesota boy lives in LA
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO the rationalization might be that the beach routes are low yield, so it's harder to justify perks. Moreover, having SC access on these routes is unlikely to encourage corporate travel contracts. There might not be much competition from airlines that DL views as its competitors (i.e., routings that require segments on local carriers wouldn't count) and DL might view ATL connections as being more desirable than MIA, while still taking the view that most passengers will decide based on price, even for paid FC on such routes.
Corporate contracts I understand, but I doubt the main beach routes are lower yielding. You can get FC cheaper to Canada than what I've seen for coach for 3 sample Caribbean destinations I checked. UA doesn't seem to follow the mentality of DL/AA in regards to this policy.

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
LOL I"m usually in shorts and flip flops (partly cuz flights have been so hot recently!) and cuz this Minnesota boy lives in LA
Nothing wrong with that.
I'm just pondering the reason DL excludes certain markets and I doubt it's based on yields purely.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jed33d
Thanks all for the info! I'll report back on my travels in about a month. As of now, my thoughts are we'll have access in SEA and ATL, but also realize things could be different. At least we have priority pass as a back up. Cheers!
Any city on your routing with a SC or AM club gets you access.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Here is a question: why doesn't Delta give Skyclub access to paid Domestic First Class tickets, like Alaska & Hawaiian?
Oh, I don't know, maybe 40 years of experience selling domestic F without club access, and selling club memberships separately? That's something you can do when you've got comprehensive route and club networks. Alaska has Alaska Lounges at five airports. Delta has SkyClubs at 30+.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Mar 11, 2019 at 6:04 am
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Here is a question: why doesn't Delta give Skyclub access to paid Domestic First Class tickets, like Alaska & Hawaiian? Also, why did they stop selling day passes?
Probably because of lounge overcrowding.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by ncwillett
Probably because of lounge overcrowding.
This. To cut down on crowding, charge more for memberships and make it more of an “exclusive” experience.
They even removed free guests from Amex Platinum and Reserve card holders.

I like the change. I can normally find a place to sit these days. The clubs were literally getting out of control they were so crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.