Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL flight 1297 SAT>ATL personal device battery fire 02/27/19 on runway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL flight 1297 SAT>ATL personal device battery fire 02/27/19 on runway

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
social media makes the world do strange things

Originally Posted by bubbashow
I still don't understand the point of e-mailing Delta.
Originally Posted by Finkface
Because that is the only way one is going to get compensation. Duh.
in a perfect world, DL might proactively offer a “customer service goodwill gesture” to everyone who was on the flight, but the point of posting about the issue (and especially an assertive “I’ll be emailing DL”— although to OP’s credit she asked the community opinion on anything also to do) on FT is to get validation for squawking to DL about it ...

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 2, 2019 at 12:30 am
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:46 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Because that is the only way one is going to get compensation. Duh.
There'z no reason for Delta to give out compensation for this. Of course, they might, for a 'feel good' moment, but what, exactly, would they be getting compensation for?
bubbashow likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by davetravels
There'z no reason for Delta to give out compensation for this. Of course, they might, for a 'feel good' moment, but what, exactly, would they be getting compensation for?
I wasn’t in any way suggesting they should. It just seems every single thread these days where there was any kind of issue ends with ‘what compensation can I get?’. Our whole compensation culture at play. This one didn’t spell it out explicitly but what other possible reason could s/he have for writing to DL about an incident they are already keenly aware of, was in no way their fault and was handled as well as it could possibly have been? I thought the would have conveyed the sarcasm.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM
Methinks that is the goal of the OP - compensation.

There is NOTHING a passenger can report to an airline about safety with an incident like this that would prove any benefit to the airline or flying safety at all. Through reporting to the FAA, Delta and ALL concerned parties are ABUNDANTLY aware of what happened. There is NOTHING a passenger could report that would add any detail to it. If the investigating authorities need passenger input, the passenger will be contacted.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
This one didn’t spell it out explicitly but what other possible reason could s/he have for writing to DL about an incident they are already keenly aware of, was in no way their fault and was handled as well as it could possibly have been?
OP clearly answered this in post #5:

"I really haven't thought about compensation. I've thought more about safety."
Not everyone knows how airline incident reporting works, and as such it's not unreasonable to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.