Wiki Posts
Search

SCL Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
SCL Check-In

I searched but apparently did not chose the best keywords related to my query hence a new thread.

I am with a group that is getting me to the SCL airport very early on Saturday. Depending on traffic, I should arrive even before the usual 3 hour counter opening.

I have my EBPs in my iW4, but unfortunately I must check a suitcase. Is there any system in place to just drop off luggage when you already have BPs?

I know the DL SCL lounge is small with minimium food but I will not have eaten for 12 hours and will want a little something before the flight.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I don't recall a baggage drop only area but the airport is under construction so not sure what the check area is like currently. As you're aware the DL check in desks open 3 hrs prior to departure... You'll need them to check your bag so I think you'll have to go there even with boarding passes already.

Yes the lounge is kind of small but I thought it was ok. They have some light/small sandwiches and snacks they set out that vary throughout the day. Just the seating and very limited power outlets that are more annoying.
Xeno likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, LATAM Gold
As a SCL local, I can confirm that unfortunately you will have to wait until they open the counters to drop your bags. It happened to me before. Then, you can go through immigration and access the lounge. Now, there are some restaurants before security at SCL. The food there will be better than at the Sky Club anyway.

Good luck!
Xeno and ryandc99 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for these helpful replies.

I finally remembered that two years ago our group again went very early. Perhaps everyone but me ordered food upstairs that looked quite good. In my case, I just want a little something because I have already pre-ordered a steak for the flight but that will be served after midnight.

Sorry to hear about the construction which will most likely complicate things since I like to hit the counter and keep running.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
Sorry to hear about the construction which will most likely complicate things since I like to hit the counter and keep running.
As opposed to the rest of us who just love to spend time at check in.
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Well, its the flying all night thing that throws me especially with a 36 hour turn-around for the next flight.

BTW, I think I am remembering that two years ago DL used signs for boarding not unlike they have in ATL. Do I have that right or am I thinking of one of the other 20 countries I visited since then?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, LATAM Gold
You will find the standard "Sky Priority" signs and line. Something a bit annoying in Santiago is that Delta made an agreement with a local bank (Banco de Chile) so that their customers with a platinum/black credit card can also use the SP check in, so my experience lately taking DL146 is that the SP line is longer than at other airports, considering that they only serve one 763 flight.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:04 am
Original Poster

For the record should someone do a search, the counter actually opened 3.5 hours prior to departure.

The SC had less than 5 when I showed up which gave me a choice of foods that are alternated but I got stuck on the candy.

Our flight also left early which would have meant waiting in ATL for immigration to open but I think they slowed down due to the storms in ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.