Wiki Posts
Search

Is there Sky Priority Security at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by mnbp
Did you ask DL specifically about "Secure Flight Passenger Data"? Remember, you are NOT trying to change the name on your reservation (which DL won't do). What you are trying to correct is the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" fields in your reservation. These fields (First, Middle, Last Name, Date of birth, Gender) must match your KTN - which is also part of the Secure Flight Passenger Data.

so my secure flight passenger data data is correct online via this link. But my ticket name is got my middle initials instead of full name (which is what I think is causing this as when I book my own flights my full middle name shows up on the ticket and I get precheck every time.)

thoughts?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by cboy

so my secure flight passenger data data is correct online via this link. But my ticket name is got my middle initials instead of full name (which is what I think is causing this as when I book my own flights my full middle name shows up on the ticket and I get precheck every time.)

thoughts?
Check each field in the Secure Flight Passenger Data area for accuracy - make sure your date of birth, gender, and first/middle/last names exactly match your KTN. Middle initial vs middle name in the reservation should NOT matter so long as the Secure Flight Passenger Data is an exact match to the government ID associated with your KTN.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Check each field in the Secure Flight Passenger Data area for accuracy - make sure your date of birth, gender, and first/middle/last names exactly match your KTN. Middle initial vs middle name in the reservation should NOT matter so long as the Secure Flight Passenger Data is an exact match to the government ID associated with your KTN.

yep it’s all correct. I’m it sure what else is causing it then

when I book personal travel via delta.com i get precheck every time.

Thru work it doesn’t happen.

KTN on my work profile is correct.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:25 pm

yep it’s all correct. I’m it sure what else is causing it then

when I book personal travel via delta.com i get precheck every time.

Thru work it doesn’t happen.

KTN on my work profile is correct.
When you say "it's all correct" can you please be very precise - what exactly did you check, and how?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

When you say "it's all correct" can you please be very precise - what exactly did you check, and how?
Thanks for trying to help me with this.

i clicked on my profile link above which takes me to the secure flight passenger data.

My full name is correct, sex, dob, and my known travel number are all correct.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:05 pm

Thanks for trying to help me with this.

i clicked on my profile link above which takes me to the secure flight passenger data.

My full name is correct, sex, dob, and my known travel number are all correct.
This is the wrong place, or more precisely, is only ONE of the places where Secure Flight Passenger Data is stored.

Secure Flight Passenger Data is stored in two places by DL:
1) in your DL SkyMiles profile, and
2) in EACH individual reservation.

When you book a flight using DL.com, that new reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data is populated from the values in your Skymiles profile.

When you book a flight using a corporate travel portal, your reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data is populated by your company's travel agent / travel portal.

Only the Secure Flight Passenger Data in a RESERVATION is used for TSA PreCheck determination - at the time you print a boarding pass, only the information IN THAT SPECIFIC RESERVATION is used to determine your TSA PreCheck eligibility - it does not matter what might be in your SkyMiles profile - only the Secure Flight Passenger Data actually stored in the specific reservation is used for TSA PreCheck eligibility.

Next time you have a business reservation, check the Secure Flight Passenger Data IN THAT RESERVATION and fix it so that it exactly matches your KTN. I previously posted DL's instructions for making that change (including a special DL 800 number) and those instructions are repeated in each reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data field in that reservation - as viewed on the DL.com web site - not the app.

Good luck!
onebigworld likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

This is the wrong place, or more precisely, is only ONE of the places where Secure Flight Passenger Data is stored.

Secure Flight Passenger Data is stored in two places by DL:
1) in your DL SkyMiles profile, and
2) in EACH individual reservation.

When you book a flight using DL.com, that new reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data is populated from the values in your Skymiles profile.

When you book a flight using a corporate travel portal, your reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data is populated by your company's travel agent / travel portal.

Only the Secure Flight Passenger Data in a RESERVATION is used for TSA PreCheck determination - at the time you print a boarding pass, only the information IN THAT SPECIFIC RESERVATION is used to determine your TSA PreCheck eligibility - it does not matter what might be in your SkyMiles profile - only the Secure Flight Passenger Data actually stored in the specific reservation is used for TSA PreCheck eligibility.

Next time you have a business reservation, check the Secure Flight Passenger Data IN THAT RESERVATION and fix it so that it exactly matches your KTN. I previously posted DL's instructions for making that change (including a special DL 800 number) and those instructions are repeated in each reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data field in that reservation - as viewed on the DL.com web site - not the app.

Good luck!

oh!! I didn’t realize there were multiple places for this data. this makes sense now.

im currently in the air but I will check on my next reservation! I wonder if I can fix the return leg which is 7 days from now. Ill take a look on a computer when I can

thank you!!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:01 pm

oh!! I didn’t realize there were multiple places for this data. this makes sense now.

im currently in the air but I will check on my next reservation! I wonder if I can fix the return leg which is 7 days from now. Ill take a look on a computer when I can

thank you!!
Even if you cannot fix yourself online, the airline can ALWAYS correct Secure Flight Passenger Data fields - they are REQUIRED to do so by the Federal government as those fields are required to be accurate in order to accurately identify passengers for government watch list purposes (as well as TSA PreCheck).
cboy and wxman22 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Even if you cannot fix yourself online, the airline can ALWAYS correct Secure Flight Passenger Data fields - they are REQUIRED to do so by the Federal government as those fields are required to be accurate in order to accurately identify passengers for government watch list purposes (as well as TSA PreCheck).

success!! The GA when checking in helped update my middle name on the SFPD and boom got my precheck! Thanks!!
onebigworld likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.