Wiki Posts
Search

Is there Sky Priority Security at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond
Is there Sky Priority Security at LAX?

Terminal 2 is where we usually go thru security and catch the shuttle to T3.

I usually have precheck but whenever my work books my tickets my precheck doesnt work (thats another story)

wondering if there is faster way to get thru security as I have done in other airports (HNL has Gold Line and DEN has Bridge Security which is usually not busy)

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Assuming you can not get your work to get their act together - have you called in to get the agent to add your Known Traveler number added to your reservation?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
On the day of travel, simply to a DL check-in counter. They can remove and reenter or simply enter your KTN and print you a hard copy BP which will almost certainly have Pre-Check absent some other specific condition. Alternatively, this can be done over the phone once check-in is open, e.g. starting at T-24. It may be doable before, but if DL has not taken over the ticket yet, it may or may not stick.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:54 am

Apart from fixing your work tickets, yes, Delta has Sky Priority security at LAX, at least at some checkpoints. It’s...not great, though, at least on the one occasion I used it.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Sadly my KTN is on the res. I think it’s my middle name that’s causing it. My work has just my middle
initials instead of my full name. The middle initials get stuck to my first name which I think is what’s screwing It up.
To get it fixed they are making it complicated or I’d have fixed it by now. Hopefully soon.

Thanks all
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by cboy
Sadly my KTN is on the res. I think it’s my middle name that’s causing it. My work has just my middle
initials instead of my full name. The middle initials get stuck to my first name which I think is what’s screwing It up.
To get it fixed they are making it complicated or I’d have fixed it by now. Hopefully soon.

Thanks all
After booking your flight via your corporate travel portal (whatever it is), call DL and ask them to update the Secure Flight Passenger Data fields to correct your middle name so that it matches your KTN record.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
After booking your flight via your corporate travel portal (whatever it is), call DL and ask them to update the Secure Flight Passenger Data fields to correct your middle name so that it matches your KTN record.
i will try this. Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

well that didn't go well at all. Delta agent told me there was absolutely no way for them to change it unless I called my work travel agent. She said if she touched it there would be a $50.00 charge. She was as unhelpful as she could be. didnt even greet me or ask for a comfirmation number. I wonder if is could try again later today. (I hate to call back and get her immediately again lol)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:27 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
You can't update it online??

Yes LAX has SkyPrioirity security lanes, as well as CLEAR and PreCheck. TBIT is the only terminal that doesn't have SkyPriority (they have PreCheck to the left side as you walk into the terminal, and only have express lanes for people in business class). The TBIT trick is to go downstairs where the connecting international arrivals are clearing security that has shorter lines when it's open.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

No way to update it online. To update it at work I need a new SSN card with my full middle name apparently back when they did mine it was only middle initials. Getting a new SSN card here is an all day affair -_-

Guess I’ll go spend a day soon before my next trip

Thanks for the tips on Lax security
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
You can't update it online??

Yes LAX has SkyPrioirity security lanes, as well as CLEAR and PreCheck. TBIT is the only terminal that doesn't have SkyPriority (they have PreCheck to the left side as you walk into the terminal, and only have express lanes for people in business class). The TBIT trick is to go downstairs where the connecting international arrivals are clearing security that has shorter lines when it's open.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by cboy
well that didn't go well at all. Delta agent told me there was absolutely no way for them to change it unless I called my work travel agent. She said if she touched it there would be a $50.00 charge. She was as unhelpful as she could be. didnt even greet me or ask for a comfirmation number. I wonder if is could try again later today. (I hate to call back and get her immediately again lol)
Did you ask DL specifically about "Secure Flight Passenger Data"? Remember, you are NOT trying to change the name on your reservation (which DL won't do). What you are trying to correct is the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" fields in your reservation. These fields (First, Middle, Last Name, Date of birth, Gender) must match your KTN - which is also part of the Secure Flight Passenger Data.

SECURE FLIGHT PASSENGER DATA & CONTACT INFORMATION

In order to comply with the Transportation Security Administration's Secure Flight Program, opens in new window, Delta is now collecting additional data for all passengers. This Secure Flight Passenger Data is for use by the Transportation Security Administration only. Learn More, opens in new window. For additional information on how to make updates to your Secure Flight Information, please see My Profile.

Please make sure your full name is entered exactly as it appears on your government-issued identification.

If your Secure Flight Passenger name is incorrect, please call 1-888-750-3284 to get your name corrected before your trip.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Did you ask DL specifically about "Secure Flight Passenger Data"? Remember, you are NOT trying to change the name on your reservation (which DL won't do). What you are trying to correct is the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" fields in your reservation. These fields (First, Middle, Last Name, Date of birth, Gender) must match your KTN - which is also part of the Secure Flight Passenger Data.
I have had this happen before, and have never had an issue doing it online as long as the flight was at least 72 hours away - after which point an agent must do it. Phone agents will generally be confused when you ask to change your name - they will assume you want to change the name on the ticket and not update your secure passenger information (and they may not know the difference, even if you clarify, in which case you may need to HUCA). However - I have only had to do this when I don't have my SkyMiles number on the ticket - in those cases, it always seems to inherit the information from my Delta Profile - but maybe I'm just lucky. I would make sure you have it filled out in your SkyMiles Profile - but I imagine that may only help for future flights.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
my corporate travel site appends my middle initial to the end of my first name and it causes no problems with precheck.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gitismatt
my corporate travel site appends my middle initial to the end of my first name and it causes no problems with precheck.
this is what happens to me and I’m 8/8 flights now no precheck. My KTN is correct I’ve checked and reentered it

my personal travel is always my full middle name not my initials stuck to my first name that’s the only difference that I can find.

Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

i said id like to change my secure flight name. She was not helpful at all (didn’t even greet me by name like they usually do) so I’ll try calling again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.