Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why do airlines keep "direct" flights that require a plane change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do airlines keep "direct" flights that require a plane change?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I encounter this issue ofter on my ATL-NGO DL95. Change planes in DTW. Yes, it sucks not being able to get on the UG list to first. Also on the return, DL94 change planes in DTW.
Like others said, last time I flew DL 94 was late and missed the connection. DL put me on another flight and was able to get credit for segment and more MQM.

If you really want to get credit for the extra segment, you can call DM line and ask them to split the flight. It may take a few calls because not all the agents know how to do this. They will keep telling you it's not possible but it is.
Antoher issue I have encountered is that when arriving at DTW, you can either go thru TSA inside the airport or go outside and use CLEAR. I go outside and use CLEAR and one time they would not let me in the airport because the boarding pass had already been used. I used it to board in NGO and it would not take it. I had to go and get a "special pass" from DL agent so I could get back in the airport to continue my DL 94 flight. I explained the issue to the agen and she told me to keep writing DL about this issue and hope they will listen. it may take thousands of people complaining about this so DL can do something about it.
I have some friends that work at DL and will be asking them about this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.